The Student Room Group

Student Finance

Will I receive the same amount of financing for all 4 years of my university course?

When will I need to apply each year for financing for the following year?
Original post by angliastudent
Will I receive the same amount of financing for all 4 years of my university course?

When will I need to apply each year for financing for the following year?

It's reassessed each year - so if your parental income changes, the amount you get from Student Finance will change.

You reapply each year sometime during early summer.
You get less in your final year because you are only funded to the end of your course, not over the summer.
You actually reapply from the end of February. Leaving it until the summer is far too late.
So if I'm planning to live in Cambridge throughout my entire uni course (ie not move back home once the terms end or during the summer holidays), will I still be entitled to the same amount or will it increase?

Thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by angliastudent
So if I'm planning to live in Cambridge throughout my entire uni course (ie not move back home once the terms end or during the summer holidays), will I still be entitled to the same amount or will it increase?

Thanks for your help :smile:
No you don't get more for that I'm afraid
No because your maintenance loan includes the summer anyway.
Reply 6
I have just received an offer for accommodation, however the maintenance loan which I will receive (not based on household income) does not cover the cost for the accommodation. I have max 5 days to reply to the offer. When will I find out how much money I will be receiving based on income??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending