The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Beat an eggn with a little milk, dip the bread in it, fry. Make sure it's cooked through, as salmonella ain't fun.
My fave! And my specialty.

1 egg
milk (i like it pretty milky)
vanilla extract
cinnamon
dash of sugar

Dip bread into it, fry in a pan with some butter or margarine until golden brown on both sides.
Eat with maple syrup, golden syrup, or fruit!
Nooo french toast should be savoury! Follow mattmoy's recipe and when it's done put a bit of salt on it and ketchup on the side :smile: Equally you can essentially take a cheese sandwich (grated, it melts faster), dip it in the eggy mixture and fry. Probably one of the least healthiest foods ever, but yummy!
im eating some right now!
Reply 5
how long do they take to cook?
Reply 6
:puke: omg i cant cook
takes 5 mins if the pan is hot.and i agree red sauce and salt is a winner like!
I made some today. Delicious! I only eat them with ketchup though, can't imagine them with anything else.
Reply 9
I thought french toast and fried bread where the same thing! I thought it was just fried with butter.

I called what your all describing, wait for it, EGGYBREAD.:p: :p: :redface:
Yeah! Its blatantely eggy bread!
Reply 11
It's nicest if you mix some sugar in some milk, dip the bread in the milk, then dip it in some whisked egg and fry. Mm. And eat with salad cream. Yum.
Reply 12
^ With Salad Cream? =O Ewew.

lil_one
I called what your all describing, wait for it, EGGYBREAD.:p: :p: :redface:

Heh, I call it that too. :]

Mmm, Eggybread.
Reply 13
More commonly known as eggy bread.
Reply 14
eggy bread tastes like ****, it was crispy on the outside and soggy on the inside :puke:
Reply 15
I thought French toast was: toast some bread and cut the top layer off and then you have french toast?! Or was my sister lying to me and jsut making me eat dry toast at the age of 5?

What you are all talking bout, thats Eggy Bread, first time and last time I had it was when I was 9 at Scout camp! Ha ha!
Reply 16
Yeah I always thought French toast was that super thin toast.
Wow well French toast is very popular here in the States :smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_toast

Read and learn.
Reply 18
silens_fatuus
Yeah! Its blatantely eggy bread!

mmmm i love eggy bread, egg on bread and french toast mmmmm :love:
i know what im having for breakfast tomorrow :biggrin:
Fleece
Yeah I always thought French toast was that super thin toast.

yeah it is.
Reply 19
Phew. Not going mad then. But what's this talk of eggy bread and french toast being one and the same?

Latest