The Student Room Group

Current year 14 thread (/1st year of uni thread! )

Greetings to you all! :biggrin:

Firstly I would post this on the uni thread, but this is why I didn't...
I see there is a wonderful tradition of "current year" threads, and many people stretch back right to "Current year 10 thread" and even "current year 9 thread" and people have stayed with us and right from that moment and many new people have joined like myself :smile:

To start off i'd just like to say congratulations if you got into university today and good luck if you are trying for next year or currently in clearing/ adjustment. Remember life is all about perceptions, is the glass half full or half empty, or will that glass hurt if you keep it held out in your hand for too long , i.e don't beat yourselves up, but take a step back and jump.

I have no idea what university will be like, but i'm really excited
how do you you all think it will be and what are you doing? :biggrin:
Hi
I am soo excited to :smile:
Hello :smile:
Original post by keromedic
Hi

Original post by DarkMystryXxX
I am soo excited to :smile:

Original post by RenDanielle
Hello :smile:

What you all studying and where? :biggrin:
Original post by Guren
What you all studying and where? :biggrin:

Health Studies
Health Studies

Nice hope to be a nurse?
Original post by Guren
Nice hope to be a nurse?

Nah I would love to be a Midwife since 2012 that is when I knew what I wanted to do. Sadly I did not get in for that course due to how demanding it was. The uni I wanted to go to sent me a letter saying that I will be the best candidate for health studies so I just did that, then hopefully transfer. :s-smilie:
Nah I would love to be a Midwife since 2012 that is when I knew what I wanted to do. Sadly I did not get in for that course due to how demanding it was. The uni I wanted to go to sent me a letter saying that I will be the best candidate for health studies so I just did that, then hopefully transfer. :s-smilie:

Fair enough :smile: Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper ie no debt to take a gap year, get more experience and reapply next year? If not that's still good either way :smile:
Failed. Will be repeating year 13. Will post both and in the new year 13 thread! :smile:
Failed. Will be repeating year 13. Will post both and in the new year 13 thread! :smile:

At least now you'll have gone through it and be more prepared and good luck :biggrin:
Original post by Guren
At least now you'll have gone through it and be more prepared and good luck :biggrin:

I guess so. Thanks :smile:
Reply 13

Really sorry to hear that mate. Keep us updated on your future endeavours, and best of luck next year of course!
Original post by Guren
Fair enough :smile: Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper ie no debt to take a gap year, get more experience and reapply next year? If not that's still good either way :smile:

Nah I don't want to have a gap year, but I guess you are right lool. :biggrin:
Reply 15
So excited to start uni! :biggrin:
I guess so. Thanks :smile:

Original post by adi19956
Really sorry to hear that mate. Keep us updated on your future endeavours, and best of luck next year of course!

Nah I don't want to have a gap year, but I guess you are right lool. :biggrin:

Original post by alpen
So excited to start uni! :biggrin:

Any of you know anyone who has been to uni already or have tips in general? Or know websites where we can find essays that other people have written? :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by Guren
Any of you know anyone who has been to uni already or have tips in general? Or know websites where we can find essays that other people have written? :biggrin:

Might TSR have an essay section? Or subscription only?

My bro went to uni, same as me in fact, but whenever I ask for advice from anyone I know or on TSR, all anyone says is "join clubs" so I suppose that's what we should all do.

Not going to cheat on essays are you? They have proper checking systems for that at uni. It's dangerous.
Original post by adi19956
Might TSR have an essay section? Or subscription only?

My bro went to uni, same as me in fact, but whenever I ask for advice from anyone I know or on TSR, all anyone says is "join clubs" so I suppose that's what we should all do.

Not going to cheat on essays are you? They have proper checking systems for that at uni. It's dangerous.

No why would I cheat, besides the topics would be changed, I just want to read the quality of the writing and learn from it :lol:
If you want to have a general chat about being at uni, there is already a Uni Study Thread for plenty of procrastination constructive chat :wink:: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2536632

If you want to continue talking to current "Year 14"'s, you'll need to make a new thread in the Chat forum called "TSR Class of 2014 thread" or something :biggrin:

I'm afraid I'm going to have to close this thread because of the above. :frown:

Latest