Report 6 years ago
New thread let's make this one even more productive than the last
Energy_Purple
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
:woo: New shiny thread!!!

Currently making a powerpoint for Friday and our last presentation of the term. It's currently full of gifs and things from Gladiator

On the plus side, this is the best thing that's happened to me all day, so I couldn't care how childish it is
redrose_ftw
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
New thread, I don't post much but thought I would now! Got two huge exams to revise for on Saturday, who puts exams on a Saturday! Really :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hit my target for today of 4,500 words already. That's 500 words in 3 hours and I stopped to eat dinner, finally found some speed. On the downside I'm probally going to be over the word count and have to cut some sentences out as I need all the points I've planned in the report.
*Thedreaming*
Badges: 17
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by snailsareslimy)
New thread let's make this one even more productive than the last
Feeling you with the lack of motivation. Just want to not move for the next 2 months!

really, what happened? Hopefully it'll all work out, I'm sure you've still got essays/exams to do where you can turn it around

Basically socially/academically this semester really sucked

Feel so alone, people have made their set friends and i haven't really...

Thank you for quoting me.
Energy_Purple
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
Hit my target for today of 4,500 words already. That's 500 words in 3 hours and I stopped to eat dinner, finally found some speed. On the downside I'm probally going to be over the word count and have to cut some sentences out as I need all the points I've planned in the report.
Well done! I usually have the same issue of overshooting word counts, but I figure it's better to be over and cut things down than having to bulk up my essays with rubbish
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Energy_Purple)
Well done! I usually have the same issue of overshooting word counts, but I figure it's better to be over and cut things down than having to bulk up my essays with rubbish
Yeah deffo, normally when I know I'm going to go over though its usually my least important points which are left and I can just cut them before they make the essay, however this time its the US Israel lobby and Palestinian fundamentalism, kinda important to a report on religion in the Arab Israeli conflict.
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yay thread. Basically posting to subscribe.
miraclemile
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yay thread!

(Original post by jelly1000)
Well done! Haha I can't remember the last time I didn't horribly overshoot the word count - definitely the best way in the end, although it's always so stressful trying to cut things. I'm sure you'll be great
ninegrandstudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Subscribing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
.snowflake.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
woo. shiny new thing. Just finished prepping my lab notebook to hand in tomorrow morning.
I need to whine at a postgrad tomorrow, because i can't assign these blasted spectra. I am off to bed.
NonaxD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
New thread

Was told I would get my trancript within 10 working days and today is the 10th day!! Concerned as PhD applications are due in on Friday and I need my transcript!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
chickenonsteroids
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
THAT EXAM WAS SO BAD. I DIDN'T EVEN FINISH. HE'S EVIL HE'S EVIL HE'S EVIL

HE LAUGHED WHEN I ASKED IF I WAS MEANT TO FINISH THAT EXAM THEN SAID YES

EVIL

Onto the module next term :rolleyes:
SecretDuck
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I so failed that midterm...oh well, only 15% and another 15% got a first so I'm hoping to still get a 2.1 :dontknow:
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Calling it a day on 4,800 words. I wish I only had 200 to go before I could wrap up but alas I have the best part of 2 topics. Thankfully I realised because I only need to include the word count for the second half & I can go 10% over I still have 600 words left to play with.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (20)
42.55%
Take exams next summer (11)
23.4%
Change uni choice through clearing (11)
23.4%
Apply to uni next year instead (4)
8.51%
I'm not applying to university (1)
2.13%

Watched Threads