The Student Room Group

How long does it take...?

How long will it take for a University to review your application and get back to you? I wasn't able to get through to the admissions office and had to email the department directly. I'm feeling beyond apprehensive because it's been a chaotic day and there's still no outcome. :rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThePoet
How long will it take for a University to review your application and get back to you? I wasn't able to get through to the admissions office and had to email the department directly. I'm feeling beyond apprehensive because it's been a chaotic day and there's still no outcome. :rolleyes:

Depends on the university and how busy they are - have you no-one in the UK that you can get to phone the university on your behalf?
It depends on the amount of applications they have to go through really. Your uni may want to see your results instead of what UCAS has sent them instead. They will probably reply to your email letting you know if this is the case.
Keep trying, it's all you can do. Best of luck. It isn't fair of them to hold you down like this!

I take it you have missed your firm/insurance/both but neither have replied?
Reply 4
I am in the same position two of the unis that put an application in for clearing places put me through the first lot of checking and now i am waiting on the final results from the departments.. killing me but i am sure that they cant hold us in limbo for too long, if they dont come back to me early tomorrow morning i am going to phone up and ask what the situation is. Hope all goes well for you.
Reply 5
Original post by mynameisntdoug
It depends on the amount of applications they have to go through really. Your uni may want to see your results instead of what UCAS has sent them instead. They will probably reply to your email letting you know if this is the case.

They replied saying that there's no guarantee (which maybe a bad sign?) but they will be reviewing my application. Not quite sure what to make of that.
Reply 6
Original post by rockrunride
Keep trying, it's all you can do. Best of luck. It isn't fair of them to hold you down like this!

I take it you have missed your firm/insurance/both but neither have replied?

I feel powerless right now tbh :/ I'm a first year University student and looking to switch courses.
Reply 7
Original post by cb7074
I am in the same position two of the unis that put an application in for clearing places put me through the first lot of checking and now i am waiting on the final results from the departments.. killing me but i am sure that they cant hold us in limbo for too long, if they dont come back to me early tomorrow morning i am going to phone up and ask what the situation is. Hope all goes well for you.

It's such an unfortunate situation to be in because your fate is in someone else's hands. I wish you the best of luck.
Reply 8
Original post by ThePoet
It's such an unfortunate situation to be in because your fate is in someone else's hands. I wish you the best of luck.

yea just like another results day all over again ...
Reply 9
Original post by cb7074
yea just like another results day all over again ...

Even worse
Original post by cb7074

Sorry to hear mate. Do you have your results? You can make clearing enquiries with other universities if you do.

Original post by ThePoet
They replied saying that there's no guarantee (which maybe a bad sign?) but they will be reviewing my application. Not quite sure what to make of that.

No guarantee of an offer even if you meet your conditions? Make sure you contact them again tomorrow to be on top of it.
I'm waiting for UWE to tell whether I've got the spot or not still ... it's been a couple of hours now - it'll probably be tomorrow.
Reply 12
Sorry to hear mate. Do you have your results? You can make clearing enquiries with other universities if you do.

No guarantee of an offer even if you meet your conditions? Make sure you contact them again tomorrow to be on top of it.

The conditions are 320 UCAS points, I have 380. I've sent so many emails I feel like I'm pestering them haha:rolleyes:
Original post by ThePoet
The conditions are 320 UCAS points, I have 380. I've sent so many emails I feel like I'm pestering them haha:rolleyes:

Keep on top of it by bugging them. It's their fault if they screwed up, not yours.
Reply 14
Keep on top of it by bugging them. It's their fault if they screwed up, not yours.

I just want to know whether I've been accepted or rejected so I can look elsewhere, even though I only have my eyes set on this place.
Reply 15
Original post by ThePoet
I just want to know whether I've been accepted or rejected so I can look elsewhere, even though I only have my eyes set on this place.

I am still going to got rejected by one the other are still considering... I phoned up this morning and they said I should get a call this morning .. Still haven't heard anything but they are still showing there are places available via clearing so still some kind of hope.. If not then there is the foundation course I can apply for which is a whole set of grades lower but just means an extra year.

clearing is a long process I tell you
Reply 16
Original post by cb7074
I am still going to got rejected by one the other are still considering... I phoned up this morning and they said I should get a call this morning .. Still haven't heard anything but they are still showing there are places available via clearing so still some kind of hope.. If not then there is the foundation course I can apply for which is a whole set of grades lower but just means an extra year.

clearing is a long process I tell you

There's places still available through clearing and I've even exceeded their conditions, I'm bewildered right now. :rolleyes:
Original post by ThePoet

Any news?
Reply 18
Original post by Made in Tyrone
Any news?

Nothing, feel lost. Emailed them so many times that I don't want to email them any more in case they become angry and somehow reject me for my persistence.
Reply 19
I'm getting really worried because I slightly missed my firm grades but did get my exact insurance grades and non of them have gotten back to me yet, nothing has changed on UCAS yet either. I've rang them up a few times both yesterday and today and emailed them but all I'm getting back is they are in the process - but if it takes too long and I'm rejected I will miss clearing!!!

'Them' being the Universities :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending