The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robertus
What if we somehow found a way to predict the development of a child's brain, so that we could tell what gender/hair colour/eye colour/etc. they would most like to have when they are at, say, 25 years of age? And then used that combined with some future technology to change entirely what they become at birth?

Oh dear, now I'm starting to confuse even myself... :colondollar:

I'm not a fan of designer babies, which is essentially what you are suggesting.

I think it should be down to nurture! To determine a person's capabilities.
I still dream of a world with anime physics. That'd make science even cooler.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:lol: the world would be a different place

Imagine you live for 10 years, then choose your gender

This just reminds me of a create-a-character sequence on a video game, you could choose your gender and pick a name ^-^
Original post by blamethenargles
This just reminds me of a create-a-character sequence on a video game, you could choose your gender and pick a name ^-^

:lol: our whole lives are going to be virtual and fake
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:lol: our whole lives are going to be virtual and fake

YAY FOR THE FUTURE!
Oh my god if ten year old me decided my name I'd probably be called Bubbles or something similar
YAY FOR THE FUTURE!
Oh my god if ten year old me decided my name I'd probably be called Bubbles or something similar

If 10 year old me decided my name, I'd most definitely be called Naruto :lol:

how lame TuT
Original post by Bude8

how lame TuT

Judging on the names I gave my World of Warcraft characters when I was 10 years old, mine would be something equally terrible...
Original post by Robertus
Judging on the names I gave my World of Warcraft characters when I was 10 years old, mine would be something equally terrible...

If your average CoD player decided your name... xXx_I_fkd_ur_mum_xXx_scope_x
What does the TLH even stand for?
At first glance I thought it was TSR...

Embarrassingly, my initials
Original post by Bude8

how lame TuT

Wow 0.o at least my nickname was bubbles at one point

Original post by TLHroolz
Embarrassingly, my initials

Haha! IT'S REVEALING YOUR IDENTITY
I've done nothing today. Spent the last 2 hours pirouetting ><
I've done nothing as well today, need to start my personal statement at some point ( deep joy).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 992
Original post by Cammybl
I've done nothing as well today, need to start my personal statement at some point ( deep joy).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Join the club.:ashamed2: I promised myself I'll start it tomorrow along with a 20 page report :'(
Original post by sr234
Join the club.:ashamed2: I promised myself I'll start it tomorrow along with a 20 page report :'(

Oh I know the feeling, I had to write an essay for my first choice uni and I really don't know the quality of the content in it xD. Also what's you're report on and what subject are you apply to unis for?
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Cammybl
Oh I know the feeling, I had to write an essay for my first choice uni and I really don't know the quality of the content in it xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you want someone to see you've replied. There's a quote Option! That way, they won't miss your reply :smile:
Original post by Cammybl

Posted from TSR Mobile

Writing and rewriting personal statements is so hard :frown: I'm still really unhappy with mine.
I'm quite happy with my PS... Though someone will probably rip it apart
Original post by LeFailFish
Writing and rewriting personal statements is so hard :frown: I'm still really unhappy with mine.

Oh great :L, I've done tonnes of wider reading this summer so that will (hopefully) make things a tad easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cammybl
Oh great :L, I've done tonnes of wider reading this summer so that will (hopefully) make things a tad easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What subject are you planning on applying for and where?

Latest