The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
That sucks! My physics teacher's reference should be amazing. He is awesome :biggrin:

Chem should be decent :lol:

And those are the only two who know me...

They can change your predicted grades?! I'd like to see them predict anything less than an A* lol, fun arguments to be had

Mine was awesome in year 12, last year he was terrible though :dontknow: Yeah, FM they tried to predict me down a grade (which I subsequently got :colondollar:) and maths they wouldn't give me an A prediction despite me being a few marks off it at AS and doing much better in past papers. It probably didn't help that I'd not been in school for most of the autumn term though to be fair to them, and hadn't really done much when I was there :s-smilie:
Original post by furryface12
Mine was awesome in year 12, last year he was terrible though :dontknow: Yeah, FM they tried to predict me down a grade (which I subsequently got :colondollar:) and maths they wouldn't give me an A prediction despite me being a few marks off it at AS and doing much better in past papers. It probably didn't help that I'd not been in school for most of the autumn term though to be fair to them, and hadn't really done much when I was there :s-smilie:

:rofl: are they prone to negotiations?

I have this Year 13 teacher who I'm not sure of... For physics. We'll have to see
:rofl: are they prone to negotiations?

I have this Year 13 teacher who I'm not sure of... For physics. We'll have to see

Not really from students, I got my my mum to go in in the end as they kept messing me about and that worked much better :tongue: Ahh well, hopefully it'll be alright! If you got 90%+ at AS they should definitely give you an A*, and at the very least an A...
Not really from students, I got my my mum to go in in the end as they kept messing me about and that worked much better :tongue: Ahh well, hopefully it'll be alright! If you got 90%+ at AS they should definitely give you an A*, and at the very least an A...

Yeah I should get straight A*s then, predicted anyway!
Yeah I should get straight A*s then, predicted anyway!

Yep, and you already have an A* in maths which I guess would also help! :smile:
Reply 1585
I hope we don't have ice breakers this year. :indiff:
What do you mean by synced? It's a shame you can't keep all 4 :frown:

But geography is probably the best decision.

Nottingham... realistically I only want Cambridge/Bath/Bristol. So probably won't

I'm thinking of ^ and Warwick too

Like you could be having lectures on hybridisation, but having tutorials on organic mechanisms which you may or may not have covered in lectures.

I know! But to be honest I think I would struggle keeping up 4 subjects.

Ohh cool :smile:
Yep, and you already have an A* in maths which I guess would also help! :smile:

Ah yeah! Back in a week now
Original post by Georgiecat
Like you could be having lectures on hybridisation, but having tutorials on organic mechanisms which you may or may not have covered in lectures.

I know! But to be honest I think I would struggle keeping up 4 subjects.

Ohh cool :smile:

I'm sure it can never get too bad!

Hmmmm... I don't think you would, but it isn't a possibility anyway!
:eek: You're organised! It is best to do it before school gets in the way I guess, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do last year though so submitted it about a week before the deadline in January :colondollar:

Wow, that's a lot! I presume you're over on characters as well then? Try and get them down first and then hopefully you'll be a bit closer on the line front. After that, it can sometimes help if you just reorder words, eg if you have a list of three if you put the words in a different order they might go on the lines differently and you lose one :yep:

it's only my first draft and ive highlighted loads that im gonna edit out/put on my reference so hopefully it'll be okay:smile:

thanks for the advice!
Ah yeah! Back in a week now

I'm sure it can never get too bad!

Hmmmm... I don't think you would, but it isn't a possibility anyway!

Wait, next week? Everywhere I know is either already back or goes back tomorrow or Wednesday! :redface:

Original post by radhikagulati
it's only my first draft and ive highlighted loads that im gonna edit out/put on my reference so hopefully it'll be okay:smile:

thanks for the advice!

Fair enough! Just looked at my first draft from last year- 6616 characters and 85 lines, and that's when I thought I couldn't make it any shorter :lol:
Unless you need to be done by the early deadline I'd say you'd be better to wait a bit, then you can talk about what you learnt from the experience which will be much better :smile:

Ah that's true, I hope it's no disadvantage applying a bit later to places like Imperial/Durham for physics?
Wait, next week? Everywhere I know is either already back or goes back tomorrow or Wednesday! :redface:

Fair enough! Just looked at my first draft from last year- 6616 characters and 85 lines, and that's when I thought I couldn't make it any shorter :lol:

Ikr :smug:
Original post by Tibbz2
Ah that's true, I hope it's no disadvantage applying a bit later to places like Imperial/Durham for physics?

It shouldn't be, and a few weeks is unlikely to make too much of a difference anyway- if anything you'll be slightly better applying after the oxbridge deadline so they know you haven't applied there (although that shouldn't make any difference, and there's ways of getting round it anyway). I applied in January last/this year and got all my offers, two being from Exeter and Edinburgh so I wouldn't worry too much although I wouldn't advise leaving it that late for your own sanity and stress levels' sake! But physicists are the best :five:

Ikr :smug:

You're saying this to the person that doesn't have to go back at all this year :tongue:

Also, how on earth did you two manage to reply at exactly the same time! Don't think I've ever had two notifications appear at once before :lol:
It shouldn't be, and a few weeks is unlikely to make too much of a difference anyway- if anything you'll be slightly better applying after the oxbridge deadline so they know you haven't applied there (although that shouldn't make any difference, and there's ways of getting round it anyway). I applied in January last/this year and got all my offers, two being from Exeter and Edinburgh so I wouldn't worry too much although I wouldn't advise leaving it that late for your own sanity and stress levels' sake! But physicists are the best :five:

You're saying this to the person that doesn't have to go back at all this year :tongue:

Also, how on earth did you two manage to reply at exactly the same time! Don't think I've ever had two notifications appear at once before :lol:

Oh yeah :rofl: well... Well, whatever :tongue:

:lol: I never see notifications anyway
Oh yeah :rofl: well... Well, whatever :tongue:

:lol: I never see notifications anyway

I normally just come on on the app, but just happened to be on my laptop when they appeared :dontknow:

Ah that's cool, thanks :smile:

And :five: !
Oh wow you play so many instruments!!! (Clarinet player over here *waves*)
Original post by AhmedDavid
Wow, you seriously took that seriously
I was messing

jokingly being jel that I wasnt mentioned in this gang
I didnt think real life Sheldons existed that do not understand
sarcasm or humor :nah::no:

I even put a fking spoiler to help you understand, sorry if you feel bad though :console:

Wow, you seriously completely misunderstood my post.
I wasn't upset that you decided to insult me, I'm really not that pathetic. Please, you'll need to do a lot better than that :lol: .

I was exasperated and appalled that somebody approaching adulthood (it wouldn't be okay for younger people, but for someone your age there really is no excuse) would deem it acceptable to use homophobic slurs.

I have a perfectly good understanding of sarcasm and humour, thanks. It's just that your post was not at all funny. If this is what you consider to be humour then I pity you, perhaps it is you that has a poor grasp of what humour is about.

I don't feel bad aside from the second hand embarrassment I feel for you.
Does anyone know how teachers predict grades? Is it one grade up than your AS grade? And what about A* predictions?
'L'Evil Fish'
x

Sorry, has my response to your PM sent or not? I keep being told that I can't send anything because my inbox is full, when it isn't, and when I try again even after deleting some messages I keep getting
'Oh no!
The Student room is currently unavailable

Don't worry help is on its way
and we'll be back up and running soon!' :s

Latest