The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
So now we have Sturridge and Balotelli with lambert and borini as back up.
Damn that's good

Any arsenal fans wanna comment on their strikers?
Didn't think so...

Why is that question even aimed at us? Who's been commenting on your strikers?
Reply 581
Original post by SHOO

probably coz of lil tom
Damn that's good

Didn't think so...

I thought you were turning over a new leaf
I love Sturridge - his goals to games ratio is unbelievable, he loves playing football, he's so positive, he's a great influence, but...Balotelli's name excites me just seeing it.

I can't wait to see him on the teamsheet. He gets me off my seat.

Welcome, Mario.
Seems to be a mixture of Eto'o being an alternative. Echo saying it's wide of the mark that we have followed our interest in Eto'o if the Balotelli deal doesn't happen, but the rest of the media, likes of Mail, Guardian, Mirror saying that he's had medical and he would be an alternative.

But it looks like a 3 year deal for Balotelli with an option for 4th.
Damn that's good

Didn't think so...

What happened to you man...you used I be so mellow and modest.

This is how the football forum can change a person haha, the effect is quite staggering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manchesterunited15
I thought you were turning over a new leaf

Lol I'm just baiting some lesser arsenal fans :wink:
Noting big, just a bit of fun

But srs, why are they not improving on giroud?
A quality striker with giroud and Sanogo as backup would be perfect
Lol I'm just baiting some lesser arsenal fans :wink:
Noting big, just a bit of fun

But srs, why are they not improving on giroud?
A quality striker with giroud and Sanogo as backup would be perfect

Wenger gonna wenger

Sanchez will play there a fair bit I think.
Original post by Isometrix
What happened to you man...you used I be so mellow and modest.

This is how the football forum can change a person haha, the effect is quite staggering.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just messing man, having a bit of fun before they ruin it all by going ham and perfecting their side with a quality striker :/

But yeah I agree, TSR is a terrible place
Wenger gonna wenger

Sanchez will play there a fair bit I think.

Sanchez up top?
Surely they couldn't play him as a lone striker though; he doesn't have the height or strength to hold the ball if he's on his own.

Don't really know how arsenal would play best, but giroud to flick on headers and Sanchez to run in behind from a wing surely would be an effective way to utilise his ability?
Sanchez up top?
Surely they couldn't play him as a lone striker though; he doesn't have the height or strength to hold the ball if he's on his own.

Don't really know how arsenal would play best, but giroud to flick on headers and Sanchez to run in behind from a wing surely would be an effective way to utilise his ability?

Maybe in the big games they'll go counter attacking with Ox-Sanchez-Walcott. He played through the middle in the world cup and did well, and from what I hear he was best at Barca when he played there but that was obviously rare because of Messi.
Maybe in the big games they'll go counter attacking with Ox-Sanchez-Walcott. He played through the middle in the world cup and did well, and from what I hear he was best at Barca when he played there but that was obviously rare because of Messi.

I suppose, counter attacking would be goat.
However in general open play they'd lose so many aerial battles.

If he does well, fair play to him.
Although for me I think they just need to buy an out and out striker, basically just somebody with better general quality than giroud to literally just replace him.

Arsenal will of course do fine regardless but if they want to mount a title challenge in the near future, they will have to buy a better striker.

I think a better formation would be for them to go 4-4-2, Sanchez and Giroud up top, Walcott and Ox on the wings, Giroud offers the outlet of strength and hold up play in the middle while Sanchez offers the pacey option.
Original post by jam278
I think a better formation would be for them to go 4-4-2, Sanchez and Giroud up top, Walcott and Ox on the wings, Giroud offers the outlet of strength and hold up play in the middle while Sanchez offers the pacey option.

And what, lose a body in midfield when the whole issue was them being completely over-run on the counter due to poor retention and protection?
Arsene should a) sign a DM, b) tell his fullbacks to not venture further from the halfway line, or at the very least, one at a time, and c) sit deeper when in possession. Not park the bus deep, but not having his centre backs ten yards past the half way line in the first half either.
Original post by Yesss I diddd
And what, lose a body in midfield when the whole issue was them being completely over-run on the counter due to poor retention and protection?

This is assuming they get a DM or using Flamini and Ramsey as good protection, Chamberlain and Walcott/Sanchez will tuck in anyway to make it a 3 or 4 man midfield like Atlético do. Walcott and Sanchez are versatile enough to change position too and Sanchez has a very good workrate wherever he plays.

Being overrun on the counter is down to Arsenal playing 2 or 3 passengers in Ozil, Cazorla and Arteta. If you take all 3 of those out with harder working players they wouldn't be overrun on the counter.
Original post by jam278
This is assuming they get a DM or using Flamini and Ramsey as good protection, Chamberlain and Walcott/Sanchez will tuck in anyway to make it a 3 or 4 man midfield like Atlético do. Walcott and Sanchez are versatile enough to change position too and Sanchez has a very good workrate wherever he plays.

Being overrun on the counter is down to Arsenal playing 2 or 3 passengers in Ozil, Cazorla and Arteta. If you take all 3 of those out with harder working players they wouldn't be overrun on the counter.

Lol, Jam, Mesut Oezil was signed for £42.5m and is widely regarded as world class, of the quality to build a team around etc. As if Wenger is going to drop him.

And you just suggested that Walcott could tuck in, lol. Chamberlain is very ill disciplined right now, have you forgotten that 6-0 that quickly? He'd be shocking in that kind of formation.

Aint gonna happen.
Reply 597
Original post by SHOO

Luke's just bitter
Original post by Yesss I diddd
Lol, Jam, Mesut Oezil was signed for £42.5m and is widely regarded as world class, of the quality to build a team around etc. As if Wenger is going to drop him.

And you just suggested that Walcott could tuck in, lol. Chamberlain is very ill disciplined right now, have you forgotten that 6-0 that quickly? He'd be shocking in that kind of formation.

Aint gonna happen.

It's not going to happen, merely a suggestion with the 4-4-2. I also said that Sanchez can tuck in which he has done for Barcelona.

Chamberlain isn't that ill disciplined, it was a cockup because the fullbacks were very high up the pitch. Plus anyway he can be coached to track back to a decent extent.

It's not going to happen, but was a suggestion. Wenger doesn't do better formations anyway and likes to make the same mistakes again and again. If Simeone can coach a leaky Atlético side to become a highly defensive hardworking outfit, same for Mourinho and Chelsea last year in comparison to AVB or Benitez teams defensively then it's possible for Arsenal to do the same, it's just that Wenger is too stubborn to change the style and the mentality of the players.
Original post by AR_95
Luke's just bitter

You caught me.
If only we had giroud...

Quick Reply

Latest