The Student Room Group

Help. How many resits can you take?

Hey guys, anyone willing to give me some advice?
I had my results back and I did really bad.
I had:
Business Studies: BS1: C
Business Studies: BS2: B
English Language LG1: C
English Language: LG2: A
Law: LA1: B
Law: LA2: C
Sociology G671: D
Sociology G672: B
I am probably going to have English remarked as I was one mark off a B. If my marks don't change I am planning on resitting. I am going to drop Sociology as I feel I spread myself too thin.
Anyway my question is there a limit on how many resits you can do. I would like to resit BS1, LG1 and LA2. Is this too much? I know that things have changed so I would have to do them in June.
Reply 1
You can resit them as many times as you want.. only in June though.
Reply 2
There isn't a limit to how many retakes you can officially do, but, there is a limit to how many you can do before your other grades begin to suffer. However, 3 exam retakes doesn't seem like it'd be too much hardship.. depends on how hard you revise.
(edited 9 years ago)
Officially you can take any many resits as you want; there is no exam board rule on a limit. However, your school or college might impose a limit as they may think it would be too much work to take a certain number of resists. My school only allows 4 AS exam resits, and of course it is up to them whether somebody actually gets entered for the resits or not. You need to ask your head of year what the rule is and tell them how many exams you'd like to resit; it will be up to them how many you can take.
Original post by Petrue
There isn't a limit to how many retakes you can officially do but, there is a limit to how many you can do before your other grades begin to suffer. Saying that, 3 exam retakes doesn't seem like it'd be too much hardship.. depends on how hard you revise.

Believe me, I am going to study hard. I need AAB or BBC to get into University. Thanks for taking the time to reply back.
Original post by Pectorac
Officially you can take any many resits as you want; there is no exam board rule on a limit. However, your school or college might impose a limit as they may think it would be too much work to take a certain number of resists. My school only allows 4 AS exam resits, and of course it is up to them whether somebody actually gets entered for the resits or not. You need to ask your head of year what the rule is and tell them how many exams you'd like to resit; it will be up to them how many you can take.

Alright, thank you for the advice. Do you by any chance know how much the resits are for the WJEC exam board?
Reply 6
Original post by Justanotherday
Believe me, I am going to study hard. I need AAB or BBC to get into University. Thanks for taking the time to reply back.

I retook 7 exams this June allowing me to get ABB (got CCDD at AS) so the hard work can definitely pay off! No problem :smile:
Original post by Justanotherday
Alright, thank you for the advice. Do you by any chance know how much the resits are for the WJEC exam board?

All on here; they'll be the same for next year too: http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/19255.pdf
Original post by Petrue
I retook 7 exams this June allowing me to get ABB (got CCDD at AS) so the hard work can definitely pay off! No problem :smile:

Well done, they are really good grades.
Original post by Pectorac
All on here; they'll be the same for next year too: http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/19255.pdf

Thank you.
There's no limit to how many resits you can do. I would retake your C's and D, however only you know how much you can handle. Also,take into account how many A2 exams you'll have. I got BBCC at AS, just about able to manage retaking 5AS exams along with 7A2s and cw. I got AAA (close to A*s in two of my subjects) and all a's in my modules apart from 2 A2 exams because I lost morale and time to revise for them at the end. If I had taken another exam I think it would've been much worse. Talk to your parents/friends/teachers and mull it over. I think 3 is pretty manageable though, especially if you're using AS knowledge in your A2 exams as you'll have to revise them anyway

Quick Reply

Latest