The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
County?? Well it looks TERRIBLE from the outside but ive heard its been kinda refurbished inside

There is so much work going on at the moment I cant tell you too much - I currently live in Fylde but that is being knocked down and replaced so i am going to Lonsdale next year.

There is smart new accomodation going up on the southside of campus but its outside the perimeter road rather than inside the permiter where all the bars and lectures go ahead.

As for my old fylde room it was more than acceptable and its being knocked down. So if thats the worst rooms on campus its all good !!

I think the University is being stupid knocking down the cheap (~45 quid rooms) and building (~75 quid) ensuite rooms. an extra 30 squids for 1.5 times the space and having to clean my own bathroom seems extortionate. I get a sink in my room and the shower and toilet is just down a hall of MAX 14 other people.

I think the choice of college should be more for the type of college rather than the room they offer. Fylde is renowned for its Sporting excellence, Grizedale for its socials, pendle (now joined by a few more in new rooms but not sure who) for being for the southern faries who need the ensuite newer rooms etc....

Id also take into account where your lectures are likely to be. Fylde is closest to engineering, maths and pshychology for instance. Ok all your lectures wont be there but a majority will be and is convenient to look at the noticeboards or use your departments own computer facilities (better than trying to find one in the library).
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Latest

Trending

Trending