The Student Room Group

Hey guys, please help!

Hey guys. I'm really stuck and I really need some advice/help.

I attend a Sixth form in Cumbria but now my dad has started a new job in Sussex so I have to move either at the start of my A2 levels or during them.

But I have a problem! When i rang up the people at Sussex Sixth form they told me my 3 subjects matched theirs including exam boards but now ive noticed they dont, only one does! So now I'm really stuck.

I need 3.5 alevels for Uni but at this rate I'll only have 2.

I was hoping prerhaps there was a way around this because I really dont want to repeat As levels. :frown:

a) Would it be possible to start an As level and an A2 of the same subject at the same time and maybe take the As exam in Jan?
b) If i took an A2 level with a different exam board would that make a whole a level if i had taken As in the same subject.
c)At uni is there a maximum amount of 2 As levels that can be replaced with 1 A level.
d) Are there any other options i havent found? :smile:

I know its not the smartest time to move especially in the middle of the year concerning coursework and such.

I apologise if nothing makes sense but any help would be great.
Reply 1
I feel sorry for you. Dont apologise, you've written it pretty clearly mate. I think maybe you should start your as levels again?. The thing is if you try and do different exam boards you will probs have to rethink everything you;ve learnt other things.

you probably can take as and a2 at the same time but it would be pretty hard to manage them both but if you can cope then go for it. good luck mate.
Reply 3
Thanks for the help guys. :smile:
The link was very useful, sorry I didn't realise that a thread was already posted on the same thing.

Latest

Trending

Trending