Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skill Twix
The amount of work I've got to do!3 months behind :frown:

The struggle is very real.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
The struggle is very real.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Too much of a struggle!Really need to get in done during my holidays!
Off to watch some football today so can't revise until after 7. Hope I am feeling motivated when I come home!
Have you guys all started revising for the summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neverstop
Yeah with notes :smile:
Don't aim for an A, aim higher. And thanks :smile:
Ah OCR , you can do it !

Thanks mate :smile:
Ahh fingers crossed !my Ums scores are weird .For an A* I would need 80 in S1 (retake) and average of 180 in c3 and 4 :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully I won't have to resit any A2 modules next year, but I am planning on resitting some AS modules this year alongside my A2s.
Original post by anonwinner
Hopefully I won't have to resit any A2 modules next year, but I am planning on resitting some AS modules this year alongside my A2s.

Don't overload ! That is what I did last year. Only sit the exams you need to get into your uni choice! Good luck
Reply 787
Original post by neal95
usually they would just be happy to take your money, at least at my old sixth form i just went in asked about the possibility and they said fine, we will get a reference for you aswell but i just spoke to my old tutor face to face anyway as its easier

so why is it that other sixth forms are not interested in taking your money?

anyways I just emailed the exams officer of my old sixth form to ask about the possibility of being entered as an external candidate.
Original post by TheGemini
Thanks mate :smile:
Ahh fingers crossed !my Ums scores are weird .For an A* I would need 80 in S1 (retake) and average of 180 in c3 and 4 :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's not bad, focus on Core 3 and 4.
Original post by Vorsah

anyways I just emailed the exams officer of my old sixth form to ask about the possibility of being entered as an external candidate.

No idea but seems illogical tbh. Good luck with getting your sittings sorted though
Original post by Vorsah

If you don't know where you're resitting your A2 modules, what did you write on UCAS?
Someone needs to tell me how to pass Edexcel Biology...
Got my exam papers from the summer back and i'm 100% Edexcel isn't testing knowledge, just exam technique :\
can't believe I lost a mark for saying 'destroy' instead of 'break down'
R e a l l y ?!
Reply 792
Original post by maymuyt
If you don't know where you're resitting your A2 modules, what did you write on UCAS?

I'm already at uni. I want to retake 3 exams so I can improve my overall grades.
Hey everybody ,
Ahhh im stuck ,I would like opinions on this.
How likely do you think it is for a university to accept you with AAB or A*AB when their offer for Resit applicants is AAA (AAB for current y13s)
I'm on two minds about resitting my psychology (B) .
I was going through my notes and ive lost some of them ,they're muddled up and also the other unit I'd have to sit I would have to re-learn it all over again as I burnt blue-binned the notes after y12.The other thing is psychology is very subjective .At my school we were taught particular evaluation points and studies .Im in AQA spec B ,hardly anybody does that spec :frown: there are barely any internet resources :frown:
I've managed to get a job as well so ive got less time on my hands .

Any thoughts /opinions are welcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,
I took a gap year because I wasn't really sure about the choices, in fact I was clueless. But thankfully I have found the course I would like to study.
Anyway I am resetting some exams but the price for each paper quite high if i sit as an external student at a former college. Any congestions ?
I don't know if I should retake Economics as I have so much work to do during weekdays so when I return home I get so tired. With Biology, I have to retake this as I didn't do so well.

If I retake Economics my total exams in summer will be 6 but if I don't my total exams are 3.

Should I retake Economics?
I think the key question is wiill you meet your offer if you don't. if you are going to achieve the necessary grade then there is no point in resitting. if however you will not achieve the grade then resit
Original post by CHATTY678
Hi guys,
I took a gap year because I wasn't really sure about the choices, in fact I was clueless. But thankfully I have found the course I would like to study.
Anyway I am resetting some exams but the price for each paper quite high if i sit as an external student at a former college. Any congestions ?

Wherever you decide to retake some exams, I think it will be quite expensive so choose the place which is most convenient for you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Annaaaaaaaa
I don't know if I should retake Economics as I have so much work to do during weekdays so when I return home I get so tired. With Biology, I have to retake this as I didn't do so well.

If I retake Economics my total exams in summer will be 6 but if I don't my total exams are 3.

Should I retake Economics?

I agree with the swanseajack1.
If you're solely retaking to meet your offer and it's not needed then if I were you I wouldn't .If e.g you want to get a better grade for yourself and pride then maybe consider it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGemini
I agree with the swanseajack1.
If you're solely retaking to meet your offer and it's not needed then if I were you I wouldn't .If e.g you want to get a better grade for yourself and pride then maybe consider it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm that is a point to consider haha
My firm will either be Exeter/Loughborough - AAB and my insurance is Leicester - ABB.

I actually prefer Leicester out of my choices but it would be nice if I could achieve AAB overall lol

Quick Reply

Latest