The Student Room Group

Any one resitting A2 Modules?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flossicles
We're all here for you! We all feel your pain! Hahaha

How do you structure your studying?

Rem well i read the text book and make notes....then i learn the notes by reading them out aloud and writing on flash cards...and then past papers but there is so much to learn:frown:
Original post by xxvine
How's revision going guys? I am so scared?
same. I'm worried too :s-smilie:
Yes I have bought flashcards today and am gonna start putting the cases on one side for law and the ratio on the other side. I will read them each morning and night which will help me remember the content
Original post by Lost_hope
same. I'm worried too :s-smilie:

i think I have left revision too late but ah well
Original post by xxvine
i think I have left revision too late but ah well

I'm not sure if everything going in lol :frown:. but I'm sure we will be fine
Original post by neal95
Yes I have bought flashcards today and am gonna start putting the cases on one side for law and the ratio on the other side. I will read them each morning and night which will help me remember the content
i did the same thing for my law exams as well, really helps. how is revision going?
Original post by Lost_hope
i did the same thing for my law exams as well, really helps. how is revision going?

hey :smile: I've been putting in quite a few hours but today I mainly spent writing up my flashcards. I actually ran out so need to get some more tommorow XD. I won't even be using all these cases but I guess I need to cover everything just in case that area of law comes up. For the remainder of the cards I will use to condense my history notes and use the others for statutes and acts of parliament.

Revision is going okay, I need to start my past paper practice again soon though, how is yours going :smile: I can't believe how quickly exams have come around, it dosent seem long ago since we all joined the thread. THE FINAL PUSH IS UPON US WE CAN DO IT GUYS!!!
Original post by neal95
hey :smile: I've been putting in quite a few hours but today I mainly spent writing up my flashcards. I actually ran out so need to get some more tommorow XD. I won't even be using all these cases but I guess I need to cover everything just in case that area of law comes up. For the remainder of the cards I will use to condense my history notes and use the others for statutes and acts of parliament.

Revision is going okay, I need to start my past paper practice again soon though, how is yours going :smile: I can't believe how quickly exams have come around, it dosent seem long ago since we all joined the thread. THE FINAL PUSH IS UPON US WE CAN DO IT GUYS!!!

Time has flown! Can't believe exams start in like four weeks:frown:

Hows Politics going? What units are you sitting again?
Original post by xxvine
Time has flown! Can't believe exams start in like four weeks:frown:Hows Politics going? What units are you sitting again?

i know rfht! My first one starts in 15 days and I'm not doing politics, I made the decision not to back in September as I really wanted to focus on improving my other grades rather than take up a new subject. Plus it cost a lot :P is revision going well for politics for you?
If you resit one module, and your mark drops, can your overall grade go down or will they take your highest mark in the module (ie the original mark)
Original post by Coulthwaite96
If you resit one module, and your mark drops, can your overall grade go down or will they take your highest mark in the module (ie the original mark)

They always take the highest mark. Only when you get an exam remarked can your grade potentially go down
Guys I have my French speaking tomorrow! Help me hahahaha.

I'm so nervous!
Original post by neal95

revision is going ok too, i know the time went so quick and I'm doing past papers as I go along.
Original post by flossicles
Guys I have my French speaking tomorrow! Help me hahahaha.

I'm so nervous!

Aww I remember when I was doing GCSE french and the oral was killer. My throat hurt after growling out that accent. Don't worry about it. I'm sure a level french is much harder but go in there with confidence. You've worked hard and you'll do great
Original post by misteltain
Aww I remember when I was doing GCSE french and the oral was killer. My throat hurt after growling out that accent. Don't worry about it. I'm sure a level french is much harder but go in there with confidence. You've worked hard and you'll do great

Yes, oh my gosh - the accent!

It is much harder, yes :frown: and I'm near-fluent in French but when I'm in a test situation (whether it's French or English) I tend to stammer and screw it up hahaha.

Thank you so much for your encouragement! It's only 15 minutes long, but trust me it feels like a lifetime.
Hey guys ,hope you are all good .
I was wondering ,when we get our *new* results in August (hopefully they change) ,do we write 2 separate sets of alevels on our CV and when applying for things like post grad courses and grad schemes? .One for 2014 and the other for 2015??
I know some grad schemes ask for alevels obtained within 2 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGemini
Hey guys ,hope you are all good .I was wondering ,when we get our *new* results in August (hopefully they change) ,do we write 2 separate sets of alevels on our CV and when applying for things like post grad courses and grad schemes? .One for 2014 and the other for 2015??I know some grad schemes ask for alevels obtained within 2 years Posted from TSR Mobile

hey hope everything is going well for yourself. What I am planning to do is put the grades I get this year (please change lol) unless the scheme specifically states that the grades must be achieved within 2 years. Otherwise they are your new grades for all intents and purposes
Original post by neal95
hey hope everything is going well for yourself. What I am planning to do is put the grades I get this year (please change lol) unless the scheme specifically states that the grades must be achieved within 2 years. Otherwise they are your new grades for all intents and purposes

That "please change" is too accurate hahaha. I was wondering about this myself. Does anyone know to what extent a levels affect you during undergrad or after? I assume internships ask for them but really just guessing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by misteltain
That "please change" is too accurate hahaha. I was wondering about this myself. Does anyone know to what extent a levels affect you during undergrad or after? I assume internships ask for them but really just guessing. Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah it is I don't want to become complacent just try and stay humble and do my best and hope I get the grades I need. Lots of internships and grad schemes do have the ucas points filter but many of them don't specify the 2 year rule and also have you seen this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-32579823.

Hopefully more firms will realise they are missing out on talent and follow suit!
Hey guys, how's everyone doing?

How's revision going? When are your first exams?

Original post by TheGemini
Hey guys ,hope you are all good .
I was wondering ,when we get our *new* results in August (hopefully they change) ,do we write 2 separate sets of alevels on our CV and when applying for things like post grad courses and grad schemes? .One for 2014 and the other for 2015??
I know some grad schemes ask for alevels obtained within 2 years

To be honest, I would just put down your second set of grades on your CV, as if they're better they will supersede your old grades.

Some people, such as myself, will not have results for their actual second year so I highly doubt they'll be too worried when you achieved them! If they notice the timings are a little different, chances are when you go for interview they will ask you about it and you can explain your circumstances there. Don't worry!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest