The Student Room Group

I am a boring, nerdy 18 year old white guy... Ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
Same here. :smile:

What do you read? I'm currently half way through reading A Song Of Ice And Fire but I have no idea what to start afterwards.
Original post by Jackoclypse
What do you read? I'm currently half way through reading A Song Of Ice And Fire but I have no idea what to start afterwards.

I've read the first two game of thrones books but I prefer to read after I watch the series otherwise I get angry at the TV :tongue:

I'm currently going through Tolkien's stuff :smile:
I've read the first two game of thrones books but I prefer to read after I watch the series otherwise I get angry at the TV :tongue:

I'm currently going through Tolkien's stuff :smile:

I somewhat regret reading ahead now because I'll admit I prefer the series to the books. But A. I couldn't wait to find out what happened next and B. my dad read ahead and keeps threatening to drop spoilers on me.

As for Tolkein stuff I haven't read the lord of the rings in years but I've read the Hobbit recently. All good stuff though haven't read the Silmirrillion yet though
I somewhat regret reading ahead now because I'll admit I prefer the series to the books. But A. I couldn't wait to find out what happened next and B. my dad read ahead and keeps threatening to drop spoilers on me.

As for Tolkein stuff I haven't read the lord of the rings in years but I've read the Hobbit recently. All good stuff though haven't read the Silmirrillion yet though

I actually like them equally :tongue:

ahah that's so mean of your dad! :3

I've not long finished the children of Hurin and have recently started the silmarillion but I struggle with my attention span half the time :tongue:
I prefer the series but don't get me wrong I love GoT so the more the better as far as I am concerned.

My dad is mean especially since I was the one who convinced him to start watching and reading Game of Thrones in the first place >:/

What is Children of Hurin about and is it any good?
Favourite novel and film?
I prefer the series but don't get me wrong I love GoT so the more the better as far as I am concerned.

My dad is mean especially since I was the one who convinced him to start watching and reading Game of Thrones in the first place >:/

What is Children of Hurin about and is it any good?

aha I've recommended GoT to my family but I'd never watch it with them out of sheer embarrassment for some scenes :')

it's got a middle earth feel to it and it's pretty good though it's no LotR (though it was unfinished) it's about a war (sort of) between good and evil basically, and how hurin's children were basically caught in the middle of it, basically cursed, it follows mainly his son turin. It's a tragedy.
Ever played a SmashBros game?
aha I've recommended GoT to my family but I'd never watch it with them out of sheer embarrassment for some scenes :')

it's got a middle earth feel to it and it's pretty good though it's no LotR (though it was unfinished) it's about a war (sort of) between good and evil basically, and how hurin's children were basically caught in the middle of it, basically cursed, it follows mainly his son turin. It's a tragedy.

I certainly never watch GofT with my family either for exactly the same reason. Damn Littlefinger and all his sexy brothel scenes that aren't even in the book.

It sounds interesting I might get it on my kindle after I've finished GoT.
Original post by Naomi64
What career would you like to pursue after uni?

I don't know specifically maybe something in the financial sector. Obviously something that earns lots of money would be good.
Original post by All-rounder
Ever played a SmashBros game?

I haven't actually although weirdly one of my friends invited me around to play that yesterday although sadly I was too busy.
Reply 31
What languages do you speak?
What language do you think in?
Reply 32
1st pg thru, no questions yet -,-
In Uni? What's your major? :smile:
Original post by Precious Illusions
Favourite novel and film?

Favourite novel probably the one I wrote and published when I was 17 (as that took a load of time to write) and if I'm not allowed to count that I'd have to say World War Z.

Favourite standalone film: Outlander (awesome story about a person from the future who ends up with Vikings fighting an alien dragon)

Favourite two parter film: Going Postal (based of the Terry Pratchett novel but I love it mainly because I have a huge crush on Adora Dearheart)

Favourite three parter: Lord of the Rings
Original post by godd
What languages do you speak?
What language do you think in?

I speak English and think in English, (go anglosphere!). I am also one of those people who has conversations with themselves in their head in English as way of speaking.
Original post by ApeMob
1st pg thru, no questions yet -,-
In Uni? What's your major? :smile:

I'm going to uni in October to study MORSE at Warwick.

MORSE stands for Maths Operational Research Statistics and Economics. SO it's kind of like 4 subjects rolled into one. :smile:
Do you listen to Kate Bush and Death Cab for Cutie?
Original post by Autistic Merit
Do you listen to Kate Bush and Death Cab for Cutie?

Sadly not. I'm not much into music. It's not that I don't like music, that would be weird. I just don't go out of my way to listen to anything in particular and as a result I have no idea about music culture or what anything you just said means (sorry :P). It also means my friends leave me behind when they go off to their music gig things. Also on a related note I get incredibly self concious whenever I try to dance so I'm pretty awful at that too.
Are you naturally smart or do you study consistently to prevail academically?
I certainly never watch GofT with my family either for exactly the same reason. Damn Littlefinger and all his sexy brothel scenes that aren't even in the book.

It sounds interesting I might get it on my kindle after I've finished GoT.

ahah indeed :tongue:

would recommend, if you can get past Tolkien's writing style that is :')

Quick Reply

Latest