Scienxe CC C
Art E
English D
Geography D

What shall I do??
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You did well in Maths and English Literature.
I'd say get that English D Grade to a C, then you will have 5 A*-C in GCSE, which is good.
It depends, can you still get into sixth form? and what do you want to study?

Remember, you can always retake
Reply 3
Original post by Grade
You did well in Maths and English Literature.
I'd say get that English Grade to a C, then you will have 5 A*-C in GCSE, which is good.

Sorry plus 3 Cs in Sciences
Reply 4
Original post by BryonyG98
It depends, can you still get into sixth form? and what do you want to study?

Remember, you can always retake

Yeah, can I even do ALevels now?

[i edited my grades I forgot to add
Reply 5
That's really not that bad. Of course you can do A-Levels.
I got
Maths A
French B
Religious Studies B
Biology B
Chemistry B
Physics B
English Language B
Geography B
English Literature B
History A
Reply 7
Original post by ldsbabe
That's really not that bad. Of course you can do A-Levels.

What with a D in english?
Original post by Abccbaa
Yeah, can I even do ALevels now?

[i edited my grades I forgot to add

Your best bet would be to phone up your sixth form and ask, my friend got a D in a subject she wanted to continue, and our school requires a B to continue however she is being allowed to as she is a hard working student who got As consistently and no one can explain her grade. So moral of the story, always ask!
Reply 9
Original post by Abccbaa
What with a D in english?

What are the actual requirements the college you want to go to is asking for?
I'm getting a 5% adjustment as I found out my Dad had terminal cancer during the exam. This will push up to all As.
Reply 11
Look. Don't worry. You should be able to retake your GCSE English at college. Other than that you have A-levels ahead of you and if you do well in those then you're set for uni.

PM me if you want to rant or anything.
Reply 12
Original post by ldsbabe
What are the actual requirements the college you want to go to is asking for?

5 A-c inc English
Original post by audreygal
I'm getting a 5% adjustment as I found out my Dad had terminal cancer during the exam. This will push up to all As.

How did you get your 5% adjustment? Did you ring the school?

Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by 8472
Look. Don't worry. You should be able to retake your GCSE English at college. Other than that you have A-levels ahead of you and if you do well in those then you're set for uni.

PM me if you want to rant or anything.

I'll provably have to do the November exams to bump maths and english:/
Reply 15
Original post by Abccbaa
Ok as it says I did **** bad.

Before the exam I was hoping for A*s

Maths B
English Lit B
Spanish A
Music C
Scienxe CC C
Art E
English D
Geography D

What shall I do??

Broadly similar to mine and yet I still went on to a Russel group university, graduated with a 2.1 and now earn above both my age group and national average salary.

Once you get A-levels, noone cares about GCSEs. Same for Degree to A-Levels and same again once you get workplace experience. I havnt been asked about my GCSEs/A-Levels/Degree in an interview for years.

It's not the end of the world :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Reue
Broadly similar to mine and yet I still went on to a Russel group university, graduated with a 2.1 and now earn above both my age group and national average salary.

Once you get A-levels, noone cares about GCSEs. Same for Degree to A-Levels and same again once you get workplace experience. I havnt been asked about my GCSEs/A-Levels/Degree in an interview for years.

Thank you very much, I'll have to explain this to my college and see what they say.

Thanks you
Reply 17
Original post by Abccbaa
Thank you very much, I'll have to explain this to my college and see what they say.

Thanks you

I cant see those grades stopping you from doing A-Levels. They're far from terrible.
Original post by besieger1

How did you get your 5% adjustment? Did you ring the school?

Thanks

Just ring the school, my brother who took his A levels this year is getting this too. I'm only getting this because my Dad's illness is stage 3 and I suffer from depression and anorexia.
Reply 19
Original post by Reue
I cant see those grades stopping you from doing A-Levels. They're far from terrible.

Yeah I know but I need a C in english to get into college. I never even taught about being in this situation:/

Quick Reply

Latest