The Student Room Group

i need advice with gcse maths!! ☹️

I need a grade 6 in maths to take my chosen A-levels (2 are science which is why), but i did terrible on papers 1 and 2. I need to get 61 marks on paper 3 if i want to achieve this grade, and i’m seriously stumped on how to manage that. I’m terrible at maths and have never done well, so is this even possible??
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Of course it's possible! Make sure you do as many practice papers as you can but more importantly stay well-rested and well-hydrated, that's the best way to do as well as you can possibly do in your exam.
Out of interest, how do you already know how many marks you need for paper 3? Have you gotten your past 2 papers marks back already?
Reply 2
Original post by JJPSWFC
Of course it's possible! Make sure you do as many practice papers as you can but more importantly stay well-rested and well-hydrated, that's the best way to do as well as you can possibly do in your exam.
Out of interest, how do you already know how many marks you need for paper 3? Have you gotten your past 2 papers marks back already?

Thank you for saying this! It’s really helped ease some of my worries!

I haven’t gotten the exact mark yet back, since it is a gcse exam, however people leaked the mark schemes alongside the papers just hours after the exam so looking through those i was able to deduct how a rough estimate of how many marks i got! So going off the average mark needed for a 6, i know i need to get about 60-61 marks on paper 3!
Reply 3
mate gcses can be done overnight . watch some maths genie on topics u don't get . do practise questions on what you get wrong . don't waste time doing stuff you know
no its impossible give up
Reply 5
Original post by schoolisgood123
no its impossible give up

Hey mate! Wanted you to be the first to know i absolutely smashed that paper today, and i’m sure i got well above the marks i needed! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ironicblue
Hey mate! Wanted you to be the first to know i absolutely smashed that paper today, and i’m sure i got well above the marks i needed! :smile:

Lets GOOOO
congrats :biggrin:!!

Original post by ironicblue

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending