The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've never made a complaint in my life about an employee. People are always so good to me. Maybe the bus driver was having a bad day? That job is so tiring and you get treated like crap by the passengers especially if you're operating in an urban area.
In Dunkerque. Dad and I were taking the ferry to Dover and we were rather late. When we tried to get through the gate a French guy stopped us at ticket control saying that we cannot take this ferry anymore, we understood that but he had such a strong French accent that I couldn't understand a couple of his words so I politely asked him to repeat. At some point he started talking in French to one of his mates and I heard him mention "pute". Let's say I'm not a fluent speaker or listener in French but I pretty much distinguished the pronouns and some of the words to know it was directed to me. I got out of the car and I went to the office and luckily I was greeted by a Brit. I don't know what happened to that French guy, and little do I care, but at least I got a nice apology and a coupon to use at the restaurant in the next ferry :tongue:.
Also, the next one was delayed for 20 minutes so we got to board the ferry at no extra cost. :cute:
Original post by Armin.
I've never made a complaint in my life about an employee. People are always so good to me. Maybe the bus driver was having a bad day? That job is so tiring and you get treated like crap by the passengers especially if you're operating in an urban area.

Yes the job is tiring and the driver was operating in an urban area. But he had no right to act in an aggressive way and he shouldn't have had a go at me in front of everyone.

I have worked in retail before so I have had to deal with difficult customers. And sometimes working in retail is tiring, but not once have I ever lost my temper.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Against a doctor at my practice. I went to see her about my panic attacks when I first got them and she told me she wouldn't see me until I had calmed down. I wasn't even that bad. I was just sitting there tapping my legs and fidgeting. I ended up breaking down in the room to her and I explained I had been getting panic attacks for a while and didn't know how to stop them and I was depressed because of them and when I started to cry she told me to wait outside so she could see someone else. I wasn't taking up any extra time. I had only been in for about 2 mins and at that surgery you are allowed 15 mins with a doc. I just walked out and didn't go back to her again and put in a complaint. Any other doc I've been to has been fine regarding panic attacks. I never heard anything back about the complaint but she's no longer working there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Mine was also about a bus driver, I got a letter off the local travel company about a week later apologising. I also made a complaint to Connexions about a shoddy "training provider" I went to. I heard nothing back but I heard the place got their funding taken away from them less than a year later so I'm guessing I maybe hadn't been the only one who'd complained about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, if someone is rude to me, I will complain. My dad once complained about a ticket inspector on a train who charged him when he already had a ticket (he accidentally got on the earlier train) and took it to the MP and refused to back down and ended up getting £200 worth of free travel
Quite a lot, tbh I wouldn't even bother complaining if a bus driver was rude to me. I usually complain if I've bought something and it doesn't cut the mustard although I have lost count of the amount of times I have complained about Royal Mail.
Reply 8
I know it'll fall on deaf ears so I've never bothered to make a complaint. Even though there have been plenty of instances where I felt I was treated unfairly, I just forget about it and let it go.
aint got time fo dat
Reply 10
I complained to dominos about several pizzas I had and the delivery guy. I got an apology from head office and 2 free large pizzas.

I also complained to sainsburys about them over cooking the cookies in my local store. My dad had said about it to the manager previously but they didn't change. They sent me a £5 giftcard and the cookies are now perfect again.:yes:
Reply 11
Original post by 8472
I complained to dominos about several pizzas I had and the delivery guy. I got an apology from head office and 2 free large pizzas.

I also complained to sainsburys about them over cooking the cookies in my local store. My dad had said about it to the manager previously but they didn't change. They sent me a £5 giftcard and the cookies are now perfect again.:yes:

I read over cooking as over packaging *facepalm* and was thinking wth did you get a giftcard for?

It's seems like my graphics revision is still in me :lol:
I made a complaint about my RE teacher as she taught us the entire GCSE curricilum wrong and nobody had an idea what anything in the exam was because she'd taught us completely different stuff...
Reply 13
Original post by angharad.evans
I made a complaint about my RE teacher as she taught us the entire GCSE curricilum wrong and nobody had an idea what anything in the exam was because she'd taught us completely different stuff...

Was she put onto any courses? What happened?

We had a teacher at college who didn't have any idea what he was doing.. he got "asked to leave".
Original post by 8472
Was she put onto any courses? What happened?

We had a teacher at college who didn't have any idea what he was doing.. he got "asked to leave".

She was the head of department so the school said they 'couldn't do anything about it but they'd be sure to have a word with her'
Reply 15
I just get over it
I'm on a scheme with specsavers, they have to send me my contact lenses home, the first time I joined they made a mistake and I had to go collect them and after awhile when I was due my next ones, I got a text from them asking me to come collect them. I got really annoyed, I was already having a bad day so I rang head office.
I've complained to my manager about colleague at work who kept picking on me for no reason, well, he got fired.
Reply 18
Original post by ForgetMe
I've complained to my manager about colleague at work who kept picking on me for no reason, well, he got fired.

That's pretty cowardly.
I had to make a complaint recently over the the fact that no doctor I've seen in the last year has been taking me seriously and has been rather dismissive.

Because I finally got a referral, I was told they weren't investigating it. Not happy.

I was going to complaint about something else. But won't bother now if that's their response. No doubt the response will be "they've put you on the correct dose of medication now." Someone hadn't read the guidelines regarding my medication and prescribed me double the maximum dose. The nurse (who I saw 2 months later) and the chemist didn't pick up on this fact. I only know the dose was more than it should be because the nurse I saw a few weeks ago, asked me why I was taking so much medication.

Latest