The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Calling all fans of Science Fiction and Fantasy

If you're interested in any kind of science fiction or fantasy then IFIS is the society for you. IFIS is Royal Holloway's very own science fiction and fantasy society. We get together at least once a week to watch movies, play board/video games, have TV marathons, socials, trips and much more. Are you more into your literature? We currently have a library of well over 1500 books available to all members to borrow.

If you want to know more, check out our website http://www.ifis.org.uk/ or find us on Facebook, Twitter or Google+
Reply 1
What sort of sci-fi/fantasy are you primarily focussed on?
What sorts of socials/games/trips do you do?
On what days/times do you normally meet?

Do things like Star Trek have a big following or not much?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Morden
What sort of sci-fi/fantasy are you primarily focussed on?
What sorts of socials/games/trips do you do?
On what days/times do you normally meet?

Do things like Star Trek have a big following or not much?

We don't focus on any specific sci-fi/fantasy - we try and encompass all of it. But like most societies we respond to what our members are interested in too so that will affect what kinds of events we put on.

We do all sorts of things. Like going to conventions, pub crawls, quizzes, shopping trips in London, going to book signings, trips to the cinema or just relaxing in a social space on campus chatting about anything that takes our fancy.

Most of our events on Tuesdays. We also used to have a social in a local pub on Thursday too, but that pub has closed, so I'm not sure what is happening with that. Sometimes stuff happens at the weekends too.

I guess there were some of members who really liked Star Trek last year? Wouldn't say it had a bigger following than anything else. But certainly people like the a mixture of the classic stuff as well as the new. We don't judge what people like or don't like...except maybe if they like Twilight :wink:
I love Sci-fi movies so I might check you guys out at Freshers :smile:
Reply 4
We're starting the year off with a nice friendly social on Friday the 26th, meeting in the Arts building foyer at 8pm. It's open to everyone so you don't need to have joined us to come along and meet other sci-fi and fantasy fans.

Full details can be found at http://www.ifis.org.uk/events/20140926-Welcome%20Week%20Social.shtml where you can RSVP too.

We hope to see you all there :smile:
Reply 5
I used to be a member of IFIS a few years ago! Good times :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending