The Student Room Group

Recomented books to read for aspiring Architecture students(for personal statements)?

What books would you recomend to read for those who want to apply for architecture? I need something for my personal statement. Specifically, is there any fiction books that relate to architecture?
Original post by loralacy
What books would you recomend to read for those who want to apply for architecture? I need something for my personal statement. Specifically, is there any fiction books that relate to architecture?

i read some non-fiction books for mine last year so i could recommend them if you like but not sure for fiction; i would say dystopian books probably where they describe super futuristic technical buildings, or fantasy books with made up worlds maybe? if youre into movies i think is much easier finding interesting architecture in movies with cgi (even disney/pixar films have really interesting buildings) - its worth a look at 'reeves connelly' design deepdives on tiktok hes quite interesting and might give you some ideas, i think he might have a video on the hunger games buildings

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending