The Student Room Group

How many times have you got a detention at school?

Scroll to see replies

I've had a countless number of detentions for stupid and unfair reasons like not doing homework, arguing with the teacher, texting in class, being late to lessons, leaving school and class whenever I wanted to, calling the teacher a dickhead (I thought he didn't hear :lol:), not wearing correct uniform and more I can't think of right now... and I got more detentions for not turning up to the first detentions.

They phoned home whenever I left school or missed detention lol

I got nothing for assaulting a teacher...great logic :rolleyes:
Reply 61
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'm so confused

I thought you were telling me off lmao

Lol no I was telling you how to avoid getting in trouble if you ever did that
Reply 62
Original post by sdotd
your own cousin grassed you up :eek:
i never had are relatives in my school so I guess I was lucky

I never went review days, they ended up phoning home instead so I basically had a day off

Oh more than 1 cousin grassed me up. And you're right you were lucky.
Had to siblings went & cousins.went so I couldn't miss it
Reply 63
Original post by Qari
Oh more than 1 cousin grassed me up. And you're right you were lucky.
Had to siblings went & cousins.went so I couldn't miss it

haha fair enough

ever played truth or dare in lesson?
probably the best game to piss off a teacher
I was once dared to drench myself in water while standing on the table, how the teacher never caught me ill never know
Had a detention once but was told if I handed the work in the next day it wouldn't count...

Had a fair few contacts home though :biggrin: Calls/e-mails/letters either about attitude, attendance or work. I pretty much flew under the radar until my final year due to a change in staff, then the **** hit the fan lol How I managed to get through school with no detentions after everything I'd do I really don't know :biggrin: I think brutal honesty towards teachers freaked them out so much that they didn't know how to react :colone:

I have been sent out of class and placed on departmental report though :\ oh and almost kicked out of year 13 :thumbsup:
I only had 1 detention in year 11 when the deputy head was being a dick as a mother had complained about me telling someone to f*** off when someone took the piss out of my autism even though the assistant head told me I wouldnt get into trouble for it.

I got threatened with isolation in year 8 because I laughed at someone who had been hit in the balls so he came and punched me. Not much logic behind it when he did nothing to the guy who hit him but comes and attacks me just for laughing.

Also in year 12 no one showed up for physics as we had to join the other class who were a few lessons behind us so the teacher phoned everyones parents.

In primary they didn't give out detentions but I would have got tons of them, mainly because the headteacher was a complete idiot who hated me and would call me to his office and shout at me for no reason.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by sdotd
haha fair enough

ever played truth or dare in lesson?
probably the best game to piss off a teacher
I was once dared to drench myself in water while standing on the table, how the teacher never caught me ill never know

I actually have but.nothing as extreme as you
Never :smile:
I've had phone calls home though but not about anything bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by Qari
I actually have but.nothing as extreme as you

haha other people on my school took it to another level, i calmed down a lot in year 11 and knuckled down on my exams
Reply 69
Original post by sdotd
haha other people on my school took it to another level, i calmed down a lot in year 11 and knuckled down on my exams

I.calmed down in year 10 then started again in year 12 :tongue:
never, although I was constantly late to form, my form tutors just didn't care as long as we got there in time to be registered
I once got told if I didn't bring my homework in by the next lesson I would get one but then I did my homework so didn't get the detention. That's the closest I've come
3 times...?

Usually for not doing homework/consistently forgetting books
I had 1 5 minute detention 3 Saturday detentions and one call home:
5 minute detention for sneezing during a French listening exam in year 9- everyone started to say bless you to antagonise the teacher and instead of punishing everyone punished me for sneezing...
1 Saturday detention for repeadetly skipping double PE so I could sneak into the chapel and play the organ for 2 hours! I was caught on CCTV apparently
1 Saturday detention and 'a talking to from the head' for reenacting a skit version of the famous scene from the classic film 'if...' which involved firing a super soaker (machine gun in the film!) from the roof onto people coming out of the founder's day service in the quad! It nearly got us expelled but the head said it would be detrimental to our place on the league tables to get rid of us!
1 Saturday detention for telling an American exchange student to sing 'God Save the Queen' whenever a teacher walked into the room- because is was a tradition! He did it much to the hilarity of the class and embarassment of himself. The bloody idiot snitched too!
A phone call home because an English teacher who was called 'E.T. Smith' threatened to phone the parents of anyone who failed a test, to which I stood up, finger aloft, and said 'ET phone home'. Needless to say she did!
Twice, I suppose. They were both for being late (my school has a strict policy on tardiness). One lasted about 20 mins, the other probably 10. I was let out early from both; in the first one, the teacher didn't think I needed to be there any longer and in the second, none of the teachers (they were the ones that dealt with naughty kids) recognised me so they assumed I was a good kid :tongue:
Original post by Jimmyforeal
Never :smile:

Are you for real?
Original post by Nadine_08
Which was your worst? What was it for?
Also, have you ever had a negative phone call home?

lost count to the point they gave up giving me detentions.
loads of isolations, excluded twice, and nearly got kicked out once (got to the having a meeting stage about what would happen if i got kicked out)
mum was on first name terms with my year heads and deputy year heads from year 8-11 school took a back seat in 6th form.
worst would be getting excluded for getting into a fight probably, or for repetidly getting kicked out of the same lesson and arguing with the teach on a lesonly basis
Zero times :biggrin:
Once for throwing a conker across the class room, no idea was possessed me :ashamed2:
Did anyone also have "The Wall" at primary school?!
Reply 79
Original post by lauren1x12
Did anyone also have "The Wall" at primary school?!

we had the wall of shame in secondary

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending