The Student Room Group

How to get over regrets ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
alcohol

Its only temporary then reality hits again.
Original post by IMBCFC
Right some of my followers may remember I posted things about my parents not letting me move to uni and how stressed/upset I was.

Im going into my final year and I was just thinking how great it would have been if I had moved out for uni, obviously I havent and im not going to in my final year. People I talk to from work say how great it was living away and they ask me why I didnt and I just make up the lie of how I didnt want to. The ones on my course who live out are absolutly loving it and they have made so many friends and have a great social life.

It really pisses me off as thats what I wanted and now I wont ever have that because of what my parents said. I wish I could turn the clocks back but I cant. I really dont see me having a better time at work as the social life is different to uni.

Its such a pisstake I can bearly do anything at home. Some may say move out but whats the point I wont be living with any students my age or anything. This has made a mark on me and I think its ruined my confidence. What makes it worse is all the crap I had to deal with at home, and if I lived out I probably wouldnt have had to deal with that.

How to get over this :frown:

Getting over it is difficult because, as you said, you can't turn back the clocks. What you can do though is to embrace any new opportunities that come your way. You can get over your regrets by making sure that you don't get any more.
Same here. Same situation as yours. I've always wanted to move out and experience the uni life, and sometimes I sit and think about how badly I want to move out and get depressed over it cause I know it wont happen. And I feel like my uni life has just gone so fast that I didnt get a proper experience of it. Well I'm going into my final year still going to be commuting so will see how that goes. My reasons for not moving out are also family related. Sad times :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending