The Student Room Group

I don't know whether to change my A-levels or not :( HELP!

Hi! I'm starting year 13 in September, but since last November I've been sort of regretting my a-level options. I do essay based subjects and am on my way to a law degree, BUT I cant help but deeply miss sciences and am seriously interested in a physics/ comp sci degree. I've spent a lot of my free time going to physics lessons, asking for work and textbooks from my school department and watching comp sci and physics lectures/ videos online, I would really love to work in that field as a job. BUT I cant help but be scared because i've already changed one of my alevels back in September and am scared that if I re-do year 12 with physics and math instead then i may regret doing that later on or find the work too hard. I'm good at essay subjects and do find law interesting so I'm scared to let that go + the idea of restarting year 12 with people younger than me and feeling 'left behind' those who are my age is smth i don't want, but I cant help being drawn to physics and comp sci anytime I want to forget about it and would honestly love working in that field as a job. P.S. I've thought about an apprenticeship, but I'd rather go to regular uni instead.
sorry, this is more of a long rant, but I've been going back and forth over this since last November and I need to make a decision NOW.
Reply 1
Original post by worldomination
Hi! I'm starting year 13 in September, but since last November I've been sort of regretting my a-level options. I do essay based subjects and am on my way to a law degree, BUT I cant help but deeply miss sciences and am seriously interested in a physics/ comp sci degree. I've spent a lot of my free time going to physics lessons, asking for work and textbooks from my school department and watching comp sci and physics lectures/ videos online, I would really love to work in that field as a job. BUT I cant help but be scared because i've already changed one of my alevels back in September and am scared that if I re-do year 12 with physics and math instead then i may regret doing that later on or find the work too hard. I'm good at essay subjects and do find law interesting so I'm scared to let that go + the idea of restarting year 12 with people younger than me and feeling 'left behind' those who are my age is smth i don't want, but I cant help being drawn to physics and comp sci anytime I want to forget about it and would honestly love working in that field as a job. P.S. I've thought about an apprenticeship, but I'd rather go to regular uni instead.
sorry, this is more of a long rant, but I've been going back and forth over this since last November and I need to make a decision NOW.

Yeah, I am kind off in the same position as you. I do maths, computer science and business but want to get into the medical field. And I am regretting what I chose as I switched english language to business at the beginning. But I am going to go with retaking as I have more knowledge too now on Alevels and revision methods and what I want to do. I will be taking all fresh subjects too. I don't think it will be a waste unless you waste the opportunity as it is better to retake now than regret it in the future
Reply 2
Original post by UserM09
Yeah, I am kind off in the same position as you. I do maths, computer science and business but want to get into the medical field. And I am regretting what I chose as I switched english language to business at the beginning. But I am going to go with retaking as I have more knowledge too now on Alevels and revision methods and what I want to do. I will be taking all fresh subjects too. I don't think it will be a waste unless you waste the opportunity as it is better to retake now than regret it in the future

I am going to apply for engineering. And well as it is interesting I am not sure if it is what I want in the longrun and can't help but find myself searching up biology concepts or medical school admissions and application process
Original post by UserM09
I am going to apply for engineering. And well as it is interesting I am not sure if it is what I want in the longrun and can't help but find myself searching up biology concepts or medical school admissions and application process

Hi, its been 3 weeks so I'm really curious how you feel after the change? Are you glad, or do you kind of regret it?
Reply 4
Original post by worldomination
Hi, its been 3 weeks so I'm really curious how you feel after the change? Are you glad, or do you kind of regret it?

I actually decided to not to and I am regretting it to be honest. Wbu did you change - We only started school last week wednesday though so I was going to ask maybe tomorrow if I am allowed to stay behind a year. What about you how is it going for you

Quick Reply

Latest