The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I use 02 on pay as you go I've got the genie sim card so i get 300 free texts and i think i've got free calls at weekends. I'm using an old nokia at the moment because my D600 battery died on me and won't stay charged so am going to wait till you can get the D900 or E900 on pay as you go.
Reply 2
I'm on Virgin and get free texts to other Virgin mobiles until the end of this month. Unfortunately, hardly anyone's on the same network. At school, most people seem to be on O2, and quite a lot are using O2 Pay as you go sims, which you can get free from here: http://freesim.o2.co.uk/messages.php (this seems to be what *J* is using)

You get a number of free texts if you top up £10 a month. Try looking at some offers online - you pay the full price, then they give you back most of the price of the contract via rebates, so you might end up paying £5 for a £40 tariff.

BTW, if the promotion has ended, just keep checking back on it.
Reply 3
orange but the tarrifs are more expensive for so less, unless you choose the pay as you go i think tey have some free txt offer

but all my friends are on orange

try t-mobile flext they have lots of reasonable offers not sure how good the network is
Reply 4
Is anyone on easy mobile :p: I had to laugh when i saw that the other day.
im T-mobile contract flex plans, 25 quid a month and i get60 quids worth of credit i think its great
Reply 6
Vodafone, love it. £8/month, 175 anytime mins and 150 texts, 18 month contract though, although tis almost up :smile:
Reply 7
O2. Contract phone which i pay £35/month for and get 400free texts and 500 free minutes and insurance (pretty rubbish really)

When i run out of free message and minutes i switch to my O2 genie SIM where i can use my 300 free messages a month rather than run up a high phone bill
Reply 8
O2 Genie Pay as you go. Every time you stick a tenner on you get 300 free texts for one month and 1mb of net bandwidth. I tend to find that the texts last 2-3 months though - I put £10 on in June and I've only just ran out :smile:)
Reply 9
i'm on 02 pay as you go.
Reply 10
T-Mobile Pay As You Go. I might change to contract soon.
Reply 11
im on orange monthy
Reply 12
Hi guys,

what do you think about this deal?

http://www.mobilepricerunner.co.uk/display.asp?free=12&showdeals=50&tariff=xnet&contracttype=12m&price=0

FREE Motorola V3x Pumpkin, 750 Minutes to any network
12 months FREE line rental via cash back saving £480

only downside is on 3,
would you buy it?

Thanks

King's College London
Reply 13
I'm on an Orange contract - yeah I don't get as many free minutes as I would on say Vodafone, but I rarely use up my allowance, and the buy-one-get-one-free on Wednesday cinema tickets ("Orange Wednesdays") has saved me enough money to make up for it.
I have T-Mobile Flext.£35 a month and I get £180 worth of calls and texts.Pretty good value for money I think.

02 is crap.
Reply 15
kellogg
Hi guys,

what do you think about this deal?

http://www.mobilepricerunner.co.uk/display.asp?free=12&showdeals=50&tariff=xnet&contracttype=12m&price=0

FREE Motorola V3x Pumpkin, 750 Minutes to any network
12 months FREE line rental via cash back saving £480

only downside is on 3,
would you buy it?

Thanks

King's College London

I think this is one of these deals when you have to remind the company or actively ask for you cashback every 3 months (I may be wrong, but usually that's how it seems to be done), so there is the possibility that you'll forget and then end up having to pay £120.

I think I'll be 'buying' something similar to that when I get my new phone. Buyings not really the word is it, when it works out to be free (as long as you don't forget about the cashback.)

Why would being on 3 be a downside - it it because you think that they don't have as good UK coverage as the other networks? I know quite a few people on 3, and they don't seem to have a problem with it - I know in the early days of the network that did have quite a few teething problems, but that was a few years ago now.
Reply 16
Finally, I got this great offer on Orange:

http://www.mobilepricerunner.co.uk/display.asp?hs=w810i

FREE Sony Ericsson W810i
12 months FREE line rental via cash back saving £540:rolleyes:
What a great phone and plus orange 241 cinema:biggrin:

and also it is on 12 months contract, that means nothing from my pocket:cool:

I just got an email from them saying it should be with me tomorrow.

I am very happy now.

Thanks everyone.
Reply 17
kellogg
Finally, I got this great offer on Orange:

http://www.mobilepricerunner.co.uk/display.asp?hs=w810i

FREE Sony Ericsson W810i
12 months FREE line rental via cash back saving £540:rolleyes:
What a great phone and plus orange 241 cinema:biggrin:

and also it is on 12 months contract, that means nothing from my pocket:cool:

I just got an email from them saying it should be with me tomorrow.

I am very happy now.

Thanks everyone.

Just don't expect to get all your money back :wink: I assume you read about it first?

They usually want you to keep all oif your bills, and periodically you send them back to get a cheque returning the money. Sounds good enough, but often they can just say the bills got lost in the post etc. and there is nothing you can do about it.

Wouldn't have been my choice personally, the only 'x months free' line rentals i would go for would be from the actual network, where the first few months actually are free (Or month 13 onwards, whatever :smile:)
I'm on an 02 monthy, and I don't recommend it at all. If I'd known it would be such a hassle and that 02's customer service was so disgraceful, I wouldn't have bothered. I got the Samsung E900, the day it came out, about 3 months ago on contract. It broke within the first week, and I just got a replacement on Thursday. Shocking really.
Which one is better the E900 or the D900 I dont fancy paying i think its £300 just for the handset at the moment so going to wait till i can get it on pay as you go.

Latest

Trending

Trending