The Student Room Group

Panicking about freshers budget!!!

Hey.

So I'm going to the university of Portsmouth and I was hoping that my overdraft would see me through freshers week. However, my bank accounts overdraft is not active until a payment of £500 has been made to my account. As such, I have £370 for freshers fortnight. My parents are paying my rent, first month of utilities, food and books.

Does £370 for a fortnights drinking sound doable? I plan to predrink a lot and just have 1 or 2 when I go out, I've also prebooked my tickets to the events I plan to go to, so I don't need to worry about that.

Doable everyone?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JayPlays
Hey.

So I'm going to the university of Portsmouth and I was hoping that my overdraft would see me through freshers week. However, my bank accounts overdraft is not active until a payment of £500 has been made to my account. As such, I have £370 for freshers fortnight. My parents are paying my rent, first month of utilities, food and books.

Does £370 for a fortnights drinking sound doable? I plan to predrink a lot and just have 1 or 2 when I go out, I've also prebooked my tickets to the events I plan to go to, so I don't need to worry about that.

Doable everyone?

Panick about your spelling first mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Med_medine
Panick about your spelling first mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh the irony.
Panic* :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
You easily have enough money as long as you pre drink (as you said you would).
Reply 4
Hey.

Doable everyone?

That is most certainly more than doable. I go to uni in Central London and if I go out and drink on a few nights I can spend up to £80-90 per week including everything else eg travel, food. My budget is normally 50 quid a week.
Original post by Holby_fanatic
That sounds like plenty of money! Why are you even worrying?

Ahahahaha, you absolute ****! It's panic.

Arg, man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by William Turtle
*sigh* the OP spelt it 'panicking'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Irrelevant.
present participle: panicking

Verb itself is Panic

Unless of course your were pointing that out!
(edited 9 years ago)
and you're a moron...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Moron means carrot in welsh :biggrin:
Original post by Miracle Day
Moron means carrot in welsh :biggrin:

Really?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Rooster523

Very confused.

Panic is correct. Panicking is correct. Panick isn't.

Please clarify?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why not ask your parents to put 500 into your account, and then when the overdraft is activated, take it out and give it back to them...
Original post by superdarklord
Very confused.

Panic is correct. Panicking is correct. Panick isn't.

Please clarify?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is indeed the case. The respondent thought panicking was incorrect, I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey.

Doable everyone?

£370 will defo be enough mate.

Remember also that your flatmates too will inevitably buy bottles of vodka etc and they won't mind if you have more of it than what you should be ( :teehee: ) well at least my flatmates didn't care too much about drinks as someone had a stash of vodka and were cool with letting everyone have from it :smile:

that amasses to £26 quid of drinks per night for you (assuming you are drinking every day) which is plenty!

What types of drinks are you into? Spirits, mixers?
Hey.

Doable everyone?

Yep defo. Chill out mate. you should be fine. :smile:
That is indeed the case. The respondent thought panicking was incorrect, I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right! I just like pointing out cases of irony :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow Med.... Wow I nearly closed my browser for that fail lol.

In answer to the OP:

That is plenty mate! Just scav as James said and you will be alright. I'm bringing a bottle of Absinthe to my freshers :biggrin: will probably share it out as it hurts to drink lol :biggrin:
Just pre drink.
You're planning to spend £370 just on drinks for 2 weeks and you're worried that it still might not be enough?! Do you plan to die of alcohol poisoning mate?
I don't drink at all, but most people at my uni I cant imagine spending more than £50 MAX for the alcohol on Fresher's week at my uni. Then again, drinks are fairly cheap in Wales in comparison to some places in London and the south (where I'm from and avg price for a pint here is around £2.80)
another kid with parents paying for his rent.

I would just buy in bulk at the start, crates of alcohol to last 2 weeks even, more and sell some if need, rest of the money to MAKE IT RAIN!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending