The Student Room Group

Why do all girls hate nerds?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Vikki1805
We've established, my attachment failed. :cry2:
I think there is a link in some senses, but not in all cases. There's nothing to stop a person having a beautiful body and a beautiful brain. :smug:

I agree, I'm a shining example of this.

Original post by ChickenMadness
ye i'd say people into fitness are generally more intelligent. Healthy mind healthy body.

Not necessarily. I think with fitness and build it's harder to judge. Perhaps a little on average. On the other end of the scale (har har) it's maybe a little more obvious.
Original post by PythianLegume
*Looks at OP's username*

*sighs*

u mirin' brah?

zyzz was a legend m8
Original post by kittiann1748
Ofc not, girls don't look like swimsuit models either.
There were nerd guys who were appealing to me.( Maybe cuz they laughed at my jokes)

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've got my curiosity piqued now: what kind of jokes? :smile:
l0l by intelligent/nerd most chicks mean 'watches big bang theory' or some nonsense like that; how many girls would actually like a hardcore sweaty nerd who played WoW all day? most of those kind of kids are socially inept. :colone:
Reply 104
The same reasons all boys hate fat girls
Honestly, I won't like a guy if he's not a tiny bit nerdy/geeky. As an example, there's this really hot guy I know. And I mean REALLY hot. He's really clever (99.5 UMS average at AS- no joke), funny and really nice. I used to have a thing for him- at least, until I got to know him better. He doesn't read, doesn't game, doesn't know what Halo is (?!?!), hasn't watched the dark night trilogy (?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!), isn't really into the Marvel universe (or DC, whatever floats your boat), has never watched X-Men/Young Justice/Teen Titans etc. I'm not a particularly nerdy/geeky person but that was a HUGE turn off. Now he's just a friend really. It was weird how fast I went from being really into him to not really being into him at all xD
Intelligence is important, yes, but also being into something geeky is also quite attractive to me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Most people I know would rather date a smart person than a dumb one, but of course there's physical attraction to consider. I don't think there's any correlation between looks and intelligence, but I imagine smart people are more likely to be introverts, less likely to go out to clubs and bars, perhaps be more socially awkward etc.

I'm in love with a massive nerd. Tis much fun. :biggrin:
Original post by Zen-Ali
l0l by intelligent/nerd most chicks mean 'watches big bang theory' or some nonsense like that; how many girls would actually like a hardcore sweaty nerd who played WoW all day? most of those kind of kids are socially inept. :colone:

Big bang theory is ****. Also not somebody who plays WoW ALL day but I'd be down with somebody who plays it a lot xD
Original post by thechemistress
Honestly, I won't like a guy if he's not a tiny bit nerdy/geeky. As an example, there's this really hot guy I know. And I mean REALLY hot. He's really clever (99.5 UMS average at AS- no joke), funny and really nice. I used to have a thing for him- at least, until I got to know him better. He doesn't read, doesn't game, doesn't know what Halo is (?!?!), hasn't watched the dark night trilogy (?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!), isn't really into the Marvel universe (or DC, whatever floats your boat), has never watched X-Men/Young Justice/Teen Titans etc. I'm not a particularly nerdy/geeky person but that was a HUGE turn off. Now he's just a friend really. It was weird how fast I went from being really into him to not really being into him at all xD
Intelligence is important, yes, but also being into something geeky is also quite attractive to me.

Well said.
Original post by SebCross
Well said.

Thank you :wink:
Good grief. Nerd girls exist, you know.
My exact type is someone who's really smart and makes science jokes, and who watches all the lame TV shows I do, and who'll have like a full blown out conversation about favourite characters and episodes and stuff
Original post by thechemistress
Big bang theory is ****. Also not somebody who plays WoW ALL day but I'd be down with somebody who plays it a lot xD

l0l true, first few seasons were good then the relationship paradigm killed it off
Original post by Zen-Ali
l0l true, first few seasons were good then the relationship paradigm killed it off

Sheldon and Amy KISSING? What has the world come to? :angry:
Reply 114
Most of girls like strong boys or rich boys .
Original post by zyzz u mirin?
And smart people.

Or is it all about aesthetics.

Well not all girls do, I value intelligence more than anything.

I think some girls do though because the stereotypical nerd is portrayed as bad looking and seedy looking.
Original post by MrAngel
Most of girls like strong boys or rich boys .

this.

Original post by stephaniecheung

I think some girls do though because the stereotypical nerd is portrayed as bad looking and seedy looking.

so do I have to get ripped for girls to like me srs.

I guess it varies, though, as with all things.
Original post by zyzz u mirin?
this.

so do I have to get ripped for girls to like me srs.

Nope of course not, as I said I value intelligence a lot. In fact, most of my friends don't care so much about how a guy looks, but how intelligence he is. If you're trying to meet girls, getting ripped is not worth it. A lot of girls don't care if you don't have a six pack or whatever.
Nope of course not, as I said I value intelligence a lot. In fact, most of my friends don't care so much about how a guy looks, but how intelligence he is. If you're trying to meet girls, getting ripped is not worth it. A lot of girls don't care if you don't have a six pack or whatever.

so you would say:

1. Intelligience

2. Ripped

3. Personality?

Hope so, cos my personality is chit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending