The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2015/2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

My application was processed by UCAS yesterday and I got an acknowledgement email from UWE today :smile: Has anyone got any idea when universities begin to give out interviews?
Hi, is anyone else currently studying a degree in another subject? I'm a final year student looking to do either a BSc and pre-registration MSc in physiotherapy. Yup. I want to do another 2/3 years of studying. :wink:
Original post by Jess!ca
Hi, is anyone else currently studying a degree in another subject? I'm a final year student looking to do either a BSc and pre-registration MSc in physiotherapy. Yup. I want to do another 2/3 years of studying. :wink:

I've just finished a degree in biomedical science :smile: I got 2 offers for the MSc but couldn't go because I missed my 2:1 by 3%! Now working for a year and applied for undergrad
Does anyone know whether there are any uni's offering Pyhsiotherapy that don't interview for places? Some of the interview processes look pretty gruelling :blushing:
Reply 184
Hi everyone, thought I'd message and add to the physiotherapy chat.

I've applied to Oxford Brookes, Brunel, Brighton, Bournemouth and Plymouth. I've already been unsuccessful with Oxford Brookes (I assume from them reading my personal statement). I have received an invite to an interview for Brighton - Eastbourne campus, which is on Wed 26th Nov, mainly involving an individual interview and a tour of the facilities. The other three uni's i'm still waiting to hear anything from.

I am a mature student (27 years old) did an access to higher education diploma course in nursing which I finished in 2013, got into uni of Southampton to do Occupational Therapy, however dropped out in April this year due to choosing the wrong career path. So if anyone has applied to Southampton for physio and wants any info please do ask. As an ex OT student, i know we worked closely with the physios in year one.

Anyways good luck everyone!

Arron
Am i the only one yet to send my application off?
Original post by N.Choi
Nice choices, what are the requirements for them? I've applied for Brunel, UWE, UEA, Hertfordshire and Kings. Have you sent your application??

I think they're all ABB.. not sure. I'm not particularly concerned about the grade requirements because I've already got my a-levels.

I won't be sending my application until January. I don't see why I would send it earlier. They have to treat each application the same until 15th January.. it gives me more time to get some more work experience!
Original post by Willowbob
Does anyone know whether there are any uni's offering Pyhsiotherapy that don't interview for places? Some of the interview processes look pretty gruelling :blushing:

I think Leeds Met/Beckett doesn't require an interview.

Honestly, everyone will be just as nervous as you are going into an interview. Don't let fear decide your fate!
Original post by Azza26

I've applied to Oxford Brookes, Brunel, Brighton, Bournemouth and Plymouth. I've already been unsuccessful with Oxford Brookes (I assume from them reading my personal statement). I have received an invite to an interview for Brighton - Eastbourne campus, which is on Wed 26th Nov, mainly involving an individual interview and a tour of the facilities. The other three uni's i'm still waiting to hear anything from.

I am a mature student (27 years old) did an access to higher education diploma course in nursing which I finished in 2013, got into uni of Southampton to do Occupational Therapy, however dropped out in April this year due to choosing the wrong career path. So if anyone has applied to Southampton for physio and wants any info please do ask. As an ex OT student, i know we worked closely with the physios in year one.

Arron

Congratulations for the interview! Just out of interest when did you apply?

Pretty sure leeds met are the only place that doesn't interview

I dont think sheffield hallam do... Ive appplied there and there was no note about that you may be called for interview :smile:
Original post by the_honey_badger
I think they're all ABB.. not sure. I'm not particularly concerned about the grade requirements because I've already got my a-levels.

I won't be sending my application until January. I don't see why I would send it earlier. They have to treat each application the same until 15th January.. it gives me more time to get some more work experience!

Just to let you know, (based on Coventry uni physio admissions) they have 4 sets of interview dates... 3 of which are before the deadline so although they cant consider you any differently if you apply for the January deadline there will have been people who've had interviews etc...
so its up to you... get in early and get an interview earlier or wait until the deadline and possibly get some more work experience.
Its up to you I guess aha... :P
Reply 192
Original post by aimeerach
Just to let you know, (based on Coventry uni physio admissions) they have 4 sets of interview dates... 3 of which are before the deadline so although they cant consider you any differently if you apply for the January deadline there will have been people who've had interviews etc...
so its up to you... get in early and get an interview earlier or wait until the deadline and possibly get some more work experience.
Its up to you I guess aha... :P

I think it's the same for Hertfordshire because I've got an interview with them in a few weeks time. I was really surprised that I was invited this early. Where are you applying for physio????
Original post by Azza26

Arron

Hey I've applied for Brighton too! Received an interview for Wednesday 26th November as well. So nervous!
Southampton is my top choice - did you enjoy the atmosphere there? Plus on the open day I missed all the talks etc so how many teaching hours a week you did you get roughly?
Good luck!
I dont think sheffield hallam do... Ive appplied there and there was no note about that you may be called for interview :smile:

Sheffield Hallam do interview, I went to the open day and they told us there's a group and individual interview
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to physiotherapy connect/stalking page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
Original post by N.Choi
I think it's the same for Hertfordshire because I've got an interview with them in a few weeks time. I was really surprised that I was invited this early. Where are you applying for physio????

Ive applied to Keele, Sheffield Hallam, Worcester, Coventry and teesside what about you? :smile:
Reply 197
Ive applied to Keele, Sheffield Hallam, Worcester, Coventry and teesside what about you? :smile:

Nice choices, I've applied to Hertfordshire, Kings, UWE, East Anglia and Brunel. What subjects are you studying???
Original post by N.Choi
Nice choices, I've applied to Hertfordshire, Kings, UWE, East Anglia and Brunel. What subjects are you studying???

Im doing Biology, Chemistry and Maths A levels :smile: wbu?
Reply 199
I'm doing the exact same thing as you but doing PE instead of Chemistry :smile:. What board are you for biology??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending