The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2015/2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by lucky3
Finally, interview at Oxford Brookes :smile:
Can anyone tell me what it's like on the day? Don't want to know specifics as it isn't fair, just the general structure and feel of the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I finally have one on the 18th, after having to offer me about 5 alternative dates because of work haha- when's yours? :smile:
Reply 1981
Original post by rachel81
Are there any other mature students holding an offer for Nottingham?

Did you have an offer made yesterday? :smile:
I'm still waiting to hear!
Original post by dory123
Hey guys, how long does Birmingham take to get back to you post interview? Also what is there interview process like, I have mine next week??

I had an interview there last Wednesday and heard back today - the interview was very relaxed and was exactly what they said in the invitation ie a 20 minute task and a 20 minute interview with 2 people....good luck!
Reply 1983
Original post by ljb91
I finally have one on the 18th, after having to offer me about 5 alternative dates because of work haha- when's yours? :smile:

Mine is the 30th now, I've had the same issue with work 👎. They must get so fed up with us all requesting alternate dates! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1984
Original post by jambodahibee
March 11th. It's seems really late but that's when they offered. Have you applied for RGU?

Posted from TSR Mobile

how did your interview go?? :smile:
Reply 1985
do universities usually give 100 more offers than there actual set number of places? I know for Brighton they had 50 places and they had 150 offers, just wondering if most universities do that or not?
Hey guys, does anyone know how big a year group is for physio at UWE??
Original post by Em019
do universities usually give 100 more offers than there actual set number of places? I know for Brighton they had 50 places and they had 150 offers, just wondering if most universities do that or not?

Most uni's give out considerably more offers than they have places! But not sure if it's always 100, Oxford Brookes said they give out 80 offers for 26 places :smile:
Original post by Em019

They are all variable because each uni will have a rough idea of how many people firm their offers for that particular uni each year, and that's how they work out how many offers they give. So brighton might have a smaller proportion of offer holders firming it, meaning they give out more offers, whereas for example sheffield hallam give out about 120 offers for 80 places I'm assuming because more people usually firm it. :smile:
Original post by Lizzie134
Has anyone heard from glasgow caledonian

Still waiting...
Original post by ljb91

I had an interview here last year for the MSc course (it's the same interview process for the BSc). It's a group interview
Reply 1991
Original post by hollymay_
Most uni's give out considerably more offers than they have places! But not sure if it's always 100, Oxford Brookes said they give out 80 offers for 26 places :smile:

Original post by Physflop
They are all variable because each uni will have a rough idea of how many people firm their offers for that particular uni each year, and that's how they work out how many offers they give. So brighton might have a smaller proportion of offer holders firming it, meaning they give out more offers, whereas for example sheffield hallam give out about 120 offers for 80 places I'm assuming because more people usually firm it. :smile:

ah right, yeah that makes sense, thank you!
Just wondering how you know how many offers are given out for those universities you've said, did you ask at your interview or did you read it somewhere? I just wanted to know for RGU :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Em019
Just wondering how you know how many offers are given out for those universities you've said, did you ask at your interview or did you read it somewhere? I just wanted to know for RGU :smile:

They told me on my interview day :smile:
Original post by Em019

I asked at an open day :smile:
Received offers from Coventry, Bristol UWE and Cardiff all post-interview. Still waiting to hear from Keele post-interview. I'm sooooo pleased, as Cardiff was my first choice and either UWE or Coventry would have been my second. Just wondering if anyone else has had an offer from Cardiff and is considering them as their first choice? :-)
'University which' tells you the percentage of applicants that receive offers
Original post by ChelsieMH
Received offers from Coventry, Bristol UWE and Cardiff all post-interview. Still waiting to hear from Keele post-interview. I'm sooooo pleased, as Cardiff was my first choice and either UWE or Coventry would have been my second. Just wondering if anyone else has had an offer from Cardiff and is considering them as their first choice? :-)

Congratulations on your offers! I have offers from Nottingham, Birmingham, Kings and Keele and am waiting post interview from Cardiff. If Cardiff do offer me a place, I think it would be my favourite but Nottingham is a very close second so I have a tough decision to make!
Anyone got a response from teeside?
Original post by lucky3
Thank you, that's good to know. I don't think I could handle any more MMI type scenarios! All the interviews are so different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got an interview at Brookes, and I'm currently studying here! When's your interview?
Original post by Squeak97
Congratulations on your offers! I have offers from Nottingham, Birmingham, Kings and Keele and am waiting post interview from Cardiff. If Cardiff do offer me a place, I think it would be my favourite but Nottingham is a very close second so I have a tough decision to make!

Congratulations on your offers too :-D

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending