The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2015/2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3100
Original post by Lolala1234
I would contact any unis you are interested in to see if you meet their academic requirements as many will accept different things, but my feeling is you may need to do some sort of access course. You'll also need to complete some work experience in the NHS as that is where they will look for your understanding of the profession if you get interviews.

The universities just teally say the entry requirements - I am just looking for a bit ofguifene really a so i was told I wouldn't suitable for an access course because I recently completed HPD in management - so I would nee to rely on my HND from 2006/ I have been shadowing a physio in COPD But not in her day to day physio therapy role - she is the lead physio of pulmonary rehabilitation - that should be grand right ?
Original post by dex187
The universities just teally say the entry requirements - I am just looking for a bit ofguifene really a so i was told I wouldn't suitable for an access course because I recently completed HPD in management - so I would nee to rely on my HND from 2006/ I have been shadowing a physio in COPD But not in her day to day physio therapy role - she is the lead physio of pulmonary rehabilitation - that should be grand right ?

most unis ask for evidence of relevant academic study within the last 3 years. They will tell you more details than they say on their websites if you email them. I don't know about your work experience, it depends how you explain what you've learnt about the profession in your personal statement. It is a tough course to get onto
I have an interview for physiotherapy at Hertfordshire soon and they have maths and English tests. Does anyone who had interviews last year know what these consist of or their difficulty?
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone on here that has already started their physiotherapy degree (Sep 2015) that would be happy to go over my personal statement for me to ensure that it is good enough. It's proving to be quite difficult!

Would really appreciate the help :smile:
Hello Physio applicants!

I was in your shoes last year when I was applying. It's a very stressful experience and I know how you're all feeling. I started at University of Birmingham in September and am now on my Christmas holidays after my first term. If anyone has any questions about Physio at Birmingham or general questions about my experience of applying at all then feel free to ask me whatever and I will try and give the best advice I can. I applied to Liverpool, Nottingham, Cardiff, Hertforshire and Birmingham and had offers from Cardiff and Birmingham and interviewed at all of them apart from Liverpool so if you have any questions about interviews as well then throw them my way

Good luck :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jgarwoodx
I have an interview for physiotherapy at Hertfordshire soon and they have maths and English tests. Does anyone who had interviews last year know what these consist of or their difficulty?

Hi,

I had an interview at Hertfordshire last year and sat their tests. For me the whole day was a disaster (my trains were all f*cked up on the way) i ended up being late and was all flustered for the tests so panicked. The maths side of it was mental maths of solving basic problems including fractions and percentages from what i can remember. the english aspect of it was writing a short paragraph abotu a scenario they gave us to do with the NHS and hospitals. I didnt pass the tests as i was not in the right mindset for it but as long as you stay calm and can do basic maths and research the NHS a bit for the english aspect you should be fine :smile:
Original post by coco.bee
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone on here that has already started their physiotherapy degree (Sep 2015) that would be happy to go over my personal statement for me to ensure that it is good enough. It's proving to be quite difficult!

Would really appreciate the help :smile:

Have you already applied now? If not I'm happy to look over it!
Hey lovely,

Thanks for reply; already done and dusted and preparing for my first interview 😊
Original post by sf13fordj
Hello Physio applicants!

I was in your shoes last year when I was applying. It's a very stressful experience and I know how you're all feeling. I started at University of Birmingham in September and am now on my Christmas holidays after my first term. If anyone has any questions about Physio at Birmingham or general questions about my experience of applying at all then feel free to ask me whatever and I will try and give the best advice I can. I applied to Liverpool, Nottingham, Cardiff, Hertforshire and Birmingham and had offers from Cardiff and Birmingham and interviewed at all of them apart from Liverpool so if you have any questions about interviews as well then throw them my way

Good luck :smile:

Hi, sorry its a bit late but i've just got an interview for Cardiff and I'm really worried as its my first interview. Would you be able to give me a few pointers on the kinds of questions asked in the mmi as i'm really stressing. Anything about what to expect on the day would really help!! Thanks:smile:)
Hi everyone. I've spent the last three years doing a degree in sports science in france, with my core subjects being anatomy biochemistry biology and biomecanics. I've applied to Cardiff uwe Robert Gordon glasgow caledonian and queen Margaret in Scotland. I'm predicted a 2:1 degree and I have also got an Internationale baccalaureate from an international school in france. I have done somephysiotherapy work experience with my rugby club but my degree only offers teaching placements. Will this be a problem? Do I stand a chance of getting into any on these universities
Hello, do you have any tips for interviews at Cardiff or Birmingham ?
Original post by laurrrawrr28
Hi, sorry its a bit late but i've just got an interview for Cardiff and I'm really worried as its my first interview. Would you be able to give me a few pointers on the kinds of questions asked in the mmi as i'm really stressing. Anything about what to expect on the day would really help!! Thanks:smile:)

Hello , I have interviews at birmingham and Cardiff , how did you find them do you have any tips ?
Original post by H22summer
Hello , I have interviews at birmingham and Cardiff , how did you find them do you have any tips ?

this is last years thread, to find people applying this year, search for 2016/2017 entry
Ive got an offer from East London, and have a interview at Bournmouth, any tips? advice? anyone had an interveiw there yet so far?
X
I have updated the `The Official Physiotherapy Student Society Thread` to include new information and also fixed the image within the post. If you are new please join the Physio Student Society.

I have also added new information regarding Evidence Based Exercise & Therapy, a Facebook page for up-to-date research and developments created by myself and other physiotherapy students. Feel free to join or ask any questions.

P.S: I am currently finishing off my 3rd year in a BSc Physiotherapy degree at UEL, if you have any questions feel free to ask here or FB message the page above.

Regards,
Shadow.
Hi guys,
I dont knoe if you still check this but i have interviews with Nottingham , UWE and teesside for physiotherapy and was wondering if you could give me some tips as to what questions they would ask id be reallly greatful 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending