The Student Room Group

Anyone ever think about their weddings?

I dont know why but recently I have started to think about my wedding. I am a man, in my early 20s, and i dont know if any other men out there think about their future wives or weddings?

I just been thinking of what location, who i would invite and my best man. Also been thinking about my wife-to-be, what she is doing at this time right now? Is she sleeping? she surfing the internet? When will I meet her.

I also been thinking about my children, what would be their names, if they would be a Scientist or into Finance like me.

Is this all okay? Is it because im in my early 20s? Do most men think about these things or is it just me?

Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not my actual wedding, but what it would be like to be married, yeah.
Indeed i do think about a future wedding (God-willing) and sometimes i think about family and how if i had kids (God-willing) i would like to teach them about stuff...
Try working as a wedding harpist :rolleyes:

Means you get to see all manner of weird and wonderful things wedding-related and you unconsciously choose your own dress, cake, music, venue, food etc based upon other people's...

Awful really
Reply 4
yeah i do all the time. mostly i just picture the guy im with and i have scenes in my head, like what it would be like living together and being married, etc.
hint: dont tell ur partner if u'v only just started going out with them- it might scare them! lol
Yes, I think it's pretty natural as you get older - especially if you're in a loving relationship. Nothing wrong with thinking :smile:
Aww, that is so sweet! I wish there were more boys like you. I'm a 21 y/o girl and I've always wanted to get married around the age I am now, but I've had to let go of this idea because even if I found a boyf, most of the men in my social circles don't seem to want to get married until their 30s, so the boyf would probably think the same. I want it traditional with him proposing, so I think I'll be waiting a long time...
Reply 7
All I know is I want a three tiered chocolate wedding cake, with white chocolate icing.

Only thing that is missing is the groom, but plenty of time for that!
Reply 8
I've booked the church, i've got my dress and i'm ready.

I just need a groom now :rolleyes:

Sometimes i think about my wedding but i try not to. Plus i'm not even sure if i'll get married. I love the idea of it but i want a marriage, not just a wedding. Although the idea of wearing a gorgeous dress and getting presents appeals, i don't have to get married to do it.

I used to want one of those weddings where they pin money to your dress, so that straight after the ceremony i could run away with the money and get the wedding annulled. What chance have i got? :p:
Reply 9
ah i do!
well not what my wedding will be like, occasionally i'll think "what song will be played on my wedding?" or "who would i invite?" but its more, who will i get married to and when?

i had a discussion with my mum last night, i want to do medicine and that'll take about 7 years (from now) till i start my post grad, and she's just like.. don't go to oxford, it'll be a year longer, you need to get married by then etc...
Reply 10
Haha I think about mine everyday, but only because Im in the process of arranging it as Im getting married next year!

I think its only natural to think about it as you get older, theres nothing strange about it at all!
Reply 11
Blechh.

No.
I'd like to have a traditional church wedding with all my friends and family there, and then a honeymoon in some of the most beautiful cities in Europe. My parents went to Venice for their honeymoon. I quite fancy that, or maybe Paris or Rome or somewhere. But of course, the most important thing is finding the right man. I believe in marriage for life, and so at the end of the day, it doesn't matter where you get married or what you wear, or where you go on your honeymoon, as long as it's with the right person.
I think mostly about my best man or being a best man. Will I ever have a friend who would be a good best man? Will they embarrass me with horrible anecdotes from my past? What would I talk about if I were a best man? That kind of stuff.
Unlikely I'll ever get married or be friends with anyone enough to be a best man (thank god).
Reply 14
Considering I'm in the middle of organising mine at the mo I tend to think about it a lot
matt@internet
I think mostly about my best man...
Are you sure you want to marry a woman?
Ron Stoppable
Are you sure you want to marry a woman?

Ah, ha ha ha ;upyours; :wink:. You know I don't mean it in that way :biggrin:.
I do, but I don't like to. It seems up until now my boyfriends have been trying to trick me into it!! My ex wanted me to buy a house with him...I'm 18 for gods sake!
Bubblebee
I do, but I don't like to. It seems up until now my boyfriends have been trying to trick me into it!! My ex wanted me to buy a house with him...I'm 18 for gods sake!

That's no reason not to like thinking about it a bit. It can be quite fun.
Reply 19
I have done on occasion and I'm 18.

Latest

Trending

Trending