The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

B&B's around uxbridge...

Guys, I don't know if any of you have any idea, but I was just wondering if any of you know anything about some of the B&Bs around uxbridge, I know there are a couple, but I've never stayed in any of them. I'll ring around and try and get some prices, but I've got no idea what the quality of them are like. At the moment I'm still pondering whether to try a B&B or just fetch the train on the 18th-20th.

Mainly I just don't want to go to a B&B where the owners are typically rude to students, because they see us all as the stereotypical, drunk hooligan. Other than that I'm not too fussed about hygien or anything, as it's just going to be four nights.
Reply 1
well the uni is quite close to heathrow and there are lotsa hotels around there. I've driven past em theres like a novotel, an ibis, meridien. Standard hotels basically, but yeah there are lots near heathrow and thats not far from the uni.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
My folks stayed in the Cleveland Hotel and it was about £40 or something... kind of expensive, but it didn't seem too bad, bit quiet though really.
Reply 3
I'm still need to ring up and find out how much it costs to get a single fare from welwyn garden city to uxbridge during peak time. I know a single fare back off-peak is £11.40. I wish I go an oyster card last year, don't know why I didn't. It's gonna be one of the first thing I do this year.

Going from prices I've found for various B&Bs I'm leaning more towards just training it. I don't have to buy food then either.
Next time you are in Brunel, pop in to the student center (downstairs in the library building) and ask for the London transport paper, which they will stamp and you can send it off for a student oyster card which will cost your journeys cheaper than general oysters (as far as I know).
Reply 5
Yeah, that's what I kept meaning to do last year. I don't actually know why I didn't bother. How much cheaper does it make it?
I think its supposed to be 25%. Although recently I heard its not very different to normal oyster, but I dont know. I shall go and apply for this year again.
a big fat 30% off adult fares - i don't know how i'm gonna survive without it :frown:
Reply 8
Sweet!

Latest

Trending

Trending