The Student Room Group

Newcastle University A101 GEP Medicine Applicants 2015

Who else is applying for 2015 entry then?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Callum3112
Who else is applying for 2015 entry then?

Hey I plan on applying to Newcastle GEM this year. Hoping the UKCAT threshold comes down this year!
Reply 2
Me too! I think I should just scrape it. Where else are you applying?
Reply 3
Me too! I think I should just scrape it. Where else are you applying?

Nottingham, Warwick and Kings. Notts is a long shot as dont think the GAMSAT went well but its my first choice so i'm still hoping for a mircale.

How about yourself?
Reply 4
Yeah, applied there too! As well as Warwick, Southampton, and King's!

Got my UKCAT tomorrow so we will see what happens! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by nug
Nottingham, Warwick and Kings. Notts is a long shot as dont think the GAMSAT went well but its my first choice so i'm still hoping for a mircale.

How about yourself?

Warwick, southampton and barts. Didn't sit gamsat but I hear it was horrible?
Reply 6
Warwick, southampton and barts. Didn't sit gamsat but I hear it was horrible?

The GAMSAT wasn’t what I was expecting based on past experience and sample papers. Unfortunately a lot of the material I focused on wasn’t covered in the test so found it rather demoralizing really!

but hopefully my UKCAT can get me some interviews :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by nug
The GAMSAT wasn’t what I was expecting based on past experience and sample papers. Unfortunately a lot of the material I focused on wasn’t covered in the test so found it rather demoralizing really!

but hopefully my UKCAT can get me some interviews :smile:

That's sucks, I guess it doesn't help by not getting results until November? Is this your first application?
Reply 8
That's sucks, I guess it doesn't help by not getting results until November? Is this your first application?

this is my 2nd application although last year was always a long shot as didn't think I had enough volunteer experience
Reply 9
Original post by nug
this is my 2nd application although last year was always a long shot as didn't think I had enough volunteer experience

Did you get any interviews? I've heard this year they all interview based on the exam scores. But it's my first time round so it may have been like that before?
Hi all,

I'm also applying to Newcastle for GEM!

What do you guys think will be the UKCAT cut off this year?
Original post by JenniB22
Hi all,

I'm also applying to Newcastle for GEM!

What do you guys think will be the UKCAT cut off this year?

Well for 2014 entry, the cutoff was 767.5. For 2013 entry the cutoff was 725. I'm wagering the cutoff will be between 720 - 750, but that's just speculation. If you want to have a look, here are the thresholds for the previous years cycles:

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/media/sites/centralsite/undergraduate/documents/Application%20and%20Interview%20data%20External%20view.pdf
UCAS sent! Bracing myself for the long and nervous wait now!
Reply 13
UCAS sent! Bracing myself for the long and nervous wait now!

Any idea what the interview dates are?
Any idea what the interview dates are?

They wouldn't be specific. Gave me the range for the 4 and 5 year courses, I'll post that later as I'm on mobile at the mo!
Reply 15
They wouldn't be specific. Gave me the range for the 4 and 5 year courses, I'll post that later as I'm on mobile at the mo!

Awesome, cheers
Awesome, cheers

Ok so all I got from them is that interviews for both the 4 and 5 year courses will be held in the below periods. No guidance given on whether one section will be totally 4 year or whether it'll all be mixed in.

1. 1st to 19th December
2. 12th to 23rd January
3. 3rd to 21st February

Reply 17
Ok so all I got from them is that interviews for both the 4 and 5 year courses will be held in the below periods. No guidance given on whether one section will be totally 4 year or whether it'll all be mixed in.

1. 1st to 19th December
2. 12th to 23rd January
3. 3rd to 21st February

Aah I see, I imagine it'll be similar to southampton and only be a few days?
Aah I see, I imagine it'll be similar to southampton and only be a few days?

I would have thought so, yes. They seem to interview about 150 people for A101 each year (although it varies) so I can't see them doing more than 3 or 4 days' worth.
Reply 19
I would have thought so, yes. They seem to interview about 150 people for A101 each year (although it varies) so I can't see them doing more than 3 or 4 days' worth.

Yeah, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I don't suppose you know how many southampton interview? I've heard 100 and 200 so I'm unsure?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending