The Student Room Group

Kayaking and Canoeing Thread

Hi all!

This thread is to discuss kayaking and canoeing in general.

Do you paddle a kayak and/or canoe? If so, do you enjoy it? do you have any qualifications?

I got my BCU 2* Award for kayaking and canoeing a while ago and I'm planning to get my BCU 3* White Water Award next week, paddling down the rapids at Symond's Yat, Ross-on-Wye.

Earlier this year, I paddled the Loop, River Dart, and that was my first challenge and excitement on grade 2/3 white water. Once I got my 3* award, I plan to face even bigger challenges across the UK and even abroad. Seeing those Red Bull and GoPro kayaking videos has really inspired me to try out those rivers and rapids someday.

I paddle with my local canoe club and you make so many friends doing the sport/hobby/interest you love. I also plan to do my BCU UKCC Level 1 Coach Training & Assessment soon as I'd love to have part-time work doing what I love too.

Do you enjoy kayaking and/or canoeing? What experiences have you had paddling in them? Have you or do you plan on paddling on white water?

Also, if you have any stories, pictures and videos etc, feel free to post them here! I'd love to see them and I'm sure the kayakers and canoers here on TSR would love to see them too!

Quick Reply

Latest