The Student Room Group

What exactly is NCS and is it actually useful

I'm in Year 11 right now and considering doing NCS because it's apparently helpful for UCAS applications, personal statements, CV etc., but I don't really know what it is and the website doesn't really help with that. If someone who's done it could explain what it is and if it's actually worth it, I'd appreciate it very much.
I did it, was 5 days of like activities, like kayaking, climbing waterfalls and other stuff it was fun, also had like a week of volunteering after. honest opinions is I only recommend if you're doing it with friends, because most people come with their friends and have like little groups , or atleast that is how it was for me. Now about the ucas applications, yes I did put it on mine because ive applied this year, however when putting it on your application you need to mention like what skills it brought you, I put leadership because I conveyed leadership in some of the group activities. Honest opinion is if you're going with friends and have free time in the summer holidays? why not do it its fun you feel independent and get to rack up skills like leadership and volunteering.
Reply 2
Original post by HaseebAhmad
I did it, was 5 days of like activities, like kayaking, climbing waterfalls and other stuff it was fun, also had like a week of volunteering after. honest opinions is I only recommend if you're doing it with friends, because most people come with their friends and have like little groups , or atleast that is how it was for me. Now about the ucas applications, yes I did put it on mine because ive applied this year, however when putting it on your application you need to mention like what skills it brought you, I put leadership because I conveyed leadership in some of the group activities. Honest opinion is if you're going with friends and have free time in the summer holidays? why not do it its fun you feel independent and get to rack up skills like leadership and volunteering.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I'm definitely considering doing it with my friends, since I could use some achievements to put on my UCAS application. Out of curiosity, was there anything in particular you didn't like about it if you don't mind my asking?
uhh ahah just some of the other people on the wave I went on ahaha some girl chucked a chair at my friend, it was funny tbf. but other than that it was pretty enjoyable ( however we had a hike walking for hours ON ONE OF THE HOTTEST DAYS in the UK, I hated that but we got through it, got to have a nice view though )
Reply 4
Original post by HaseebAhmad
uhh ahah just some of the other people on the wave I went on ahaha some girl chucked a chair at my friend, it was funny tbf. but other than that it was pretty enjoyable ( however we had a hike walking for hours ON ONE OF THE HOTTEST DAYS in the UK, I hated that but we got through it, got to have a nice view though )

LOL, sounds pretty fun apart from the hike. I'll defo consider it, thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending