The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
rock_eleven

Another motive would be that if prior knowledge was gained, the building was set up to be demolished before the attacks, so that it could be brought down for insurance purposes. It is reported that Silverstein (the owner) won $861 million from his insurance regarding WTC7.

This one has been debunked. He spent it all building the new WTC7, that cost $700 million to build. And he lost 5 years of office rent from the old building, which amounts to approx $200 million. Pretty pointless to demolish a perfectly good building(it was only 14 years old) if you're just going to build a new one straight away, wouldn't you agree?

By the way, he did not admit demolition. 'Pull' is not used to describe explosive demolition, it is a firefighting term. If he admitted it - why aren't the insurance companies prosecuting him for massive fraud?
caw123
This one has been debunked. He spent it all building the new WTC7, that cost $700 million to build. And he lost 5 years of office rent from the old building, which amounts to approx $200 million. Pretty pointless to demolish a perfectly good building(it was only 14 years old) if you're just going to build a new one straight away, wouldn't you agree?

By the way, he did not admit demolition. 'Pull' is not used to describe explosive demolition, it is a firefighting term. If he admitted it - why aren't the insurance companies prosecuting him for massive fraud?

if the financial **** you said is correct and verifiable, then it suggests that he did not benefit from demolition of the building.

What was the term "pull" used to mean, then? The way he says it in his interview implies a connection between "pulling" and the collapse of the building.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/pullit.mp3

http://www.rense.com/general48/cof.htm highlights the fact that Silverstein did not explicitly say that they pulled it.

What he says is that they made the DECISION to "pull" (meaning demolish) WTC 7 and SHORTLY AFTER THEY MADE THAT DECISION, Larry Silverstein says "they watched the building COLLAPSE.

Regardless of what really happened, what this man said does NOT say that the building was demolished.

He clearly says "the decision was made to pull" and then he says,

"and we watched the building collapse"

The connotation is that they were going to demolish it anyway, but golly-gee-wiz the building collapsed right when they made that decision so they DID NOT actually go through with the demolition.

this is a valid point. Silverstein's comment can easily be interpretted to not mean that they demolished it.

Regarding insurance fraud - if some credible analysis was made of the building at the time and it was decided that it had to be demolished for safety purposes - it would surely not amount to fraud as it was still the chance (insured) events that led to it's destruction.
Bismarck
The way they blatantly ignore the truth and publicize their idiotic "findings" despite requests by the relatives of the dead shows that they care more about living in their conspiratorial world than they do about fellow human beings.

what do you mean ignore the truth?

how do you know what to believe bismarck?

for a start, Bush, condy and co all got busted lying telling everyone that they had no pre-warnings of terrorist attacks.

Then someone leaked a presidential briefing memo to the press.....

and they were forced to admit that they were lying in the may after.

If they lie there... why should we accept what else we're told as truth?

haven't you ever heard of a well known tool of government called propoganda?
Bismarck
You don't understand something, therefore there is a conspiracy at work. Brilliant logic.

Of course not, but the evidence against the american government is much larger than that of Bin Laden, and even more believable. I have watched documentaries that prove that it is scientificaly, and mathamaticaly impossible for the towers to have collapsed just by the planes and the proceeding fires. Also it has been proved that the phone calls from flight 93 were false (actors) as there is something like a 0.0009 chance of a mobile phone working in a plane at that altitude, and somehow at least 5 people managed it? Im not going to ramble on about all the evidence as i would have a large thesis on my hands.
Oh. My. God.

Not again!

ForeverIsMyName

Can't believe I'm quoting myself :frown:
Reply 25
seanaldo123
Of course not, but the evidence against the american government is much larger than that of Bin Laden, and even more believable. I have watched documentaries that prove that it is scientificaly, and mathamaticaly impossible for the towers to have collapsed just by the planes and the proceeding fires. Also it has been proved that the phone calls from flight 93 were false (actors) as there is something like a 0.0009 chance of a mobile phone working in a plane at that altitude, and somehow at least 5 people managed it? Im not going to ramble on about all the evidence as i would have a large thesis on my hands.

If this evidence is of the standard of most 9/11 conspiracy theorists, you might as well pack it in now. You'll just make a tit of yourself.
ForeverIsMyName
Oh. My. God.

Not again!

Can't believe I'm quoting myself :frown:

Funny. I just thought Oh.My.God - Not again.

That unfunny madox cartoon **** was what caused my thoughts tho.
Bismarck
Have you ever heard of a well known tool of reasoning called a brain?

And it's rather odd, that every time Bush lies about something minor, someone leaks the truth. But when he "lies" about the murder of 3,000 American citizens, everyone keeps silent. :rolleyes:

you didnt answer me. How do you reason what is right and what isnt.

wouldnt be the first time a president has lied over something big?

Its what happens. Its called propoganda...

also whos everyone? the CIA and FBI are all compartmentalised... (wrong word) but compartmented? (too tired to think) but the point is it was arranged so each would only know a little bit of a story.

Its not hard for only a few people to actually know.

PLUS: the evidence is against bush in this case.
Reply 28
El Scotto

Is it supposed to be funny? I think it's a perfect conveyance of quite possibly the most sensible point in the whole "ZOMG BUSH DID IT" debate.
Reply 29
El Scotto

you didnt answer me. How do you reason what is right and what isnt.

wouldnt be the first time a president has lied over something big?

Its what happens. Its called propoganda...

also whos everyone? the CIA and FBI are all compartmentalised... (wrong word) but compartmented? (too tired to think) but the point is it was arranged so each would only know a little bit of a story.

Its not hard for only a few people to actually know.

PLUS: the evidence is against bush in this case.

Look, I don't want to get into a flame war over this, but FOR F**KS SAKE, you need to start THINKING and not reading some unscientific opinion writted by people with nothing better to do. The evidence is circumstantial at best for christ's sake!

Something like this isn't covering up an illicit back-handed money transaction given to the Republican party, this is killing thousands and thousands of innocent US (and international) citizens, EMS workers. Crippling the stock market and the economy. Destroying the 2 biggest symbols of Capitalism and Economic Freedom in the world.

Then theres the Pentagon. I somehow think that if word got out that the US Government was deliberately attacking and killing people in the US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, that the 500,000 Military personnel, and gun toting 700,000 National Guard members would start a goddamn military coup.

Bush is thick as 2 short planks. Everyone knows that. But it doesn;t take a genius to recognise that 1,200,000 armed men and women are a force to be reckoned with.
Mad Vlad
Look, I don't want to get into a flame war over this, but FOR F**KS SAKE, you need to start THINKING and not reading some unscientific opinion writted by people with nothing better to do. The evidence is circumstantial at best for christ's sake!

did you watch that documentary in the first post?

from 32minutes in it gets to the nitty gritty.

tell me something non-factual and then we can chat.
Reply 31
El Scotto

did you watch that documentary in the first post?

from 32minutes in it gets to the nitty gritty.

No I didn't. I've seen umpteen conspiracy documentaries and none seem to be able to change the fact that the official version of events, backed up by the finest minds in the world and god knows how many other people, is the most likely sequence of events.

tell me something non-factual and then we can chat.

So... in other words, you're asking me to drop all the facts, coherent thought, scientific knowledge I have and all my common sense, so that I can have a conversation about a rediculous pipe dream, second only in terms of utter stupidity, to Religion.

I'll just not have the conversation, thanks.
El Scotto

It's really not meant to be funny, and I've not seen one coherent argument against the message it conveys; Can you think of one?
Mad Vlad
No I didn't. I've seen umpteen conspiracy documentaries and none seem to be able to change the fact that the official version of events, backed up by the finest minds in the world and god knows how many other people, is the most likely sequence of events.

Look it has the offical version of events.... THE WHOLE SEQUENCE TOO.
starting from 1995... Which is what it points out. Take a look.
Things officially released to the press... but burried... or reported by different press outlets and then put together. you should have a look.

Its not conspiracy, its reputting together the official version.

32mins in, for about 10 minutes... only facts!
ForeverIsMyName
It's really not meant to be funny, and I've not seen one coherent argument against the message it conveys; Can you think of one?

compartmentalisation. Thats pretty damn coherent.

How do you think so much to do with anything isnt leaked?
Reply 35
El Scotto

How do you think so much to do with anything isnt leaked?

I'm sorry, but do you read anything more national than the Village Newsletter?
Everything gets leaked in the US because their administration is so huge.
Reply 36
El Scotto

Look it has the offical version of events.... THE WHOLE SEQUENCE TOO.
starting from 1995... Which is what it points out. Take a look.
Things officially released to the press... but burried... or reported by different press outlets and then put together. you should have a look.

Its not conspiracy, its reputting together the official version.

32mins in, for about 10 minutes... only facts!

Had a look at that specific section.
It's hardly groundbreaking. The only indictment I can form of the US government is poor communication between agencies (The FAA won't have been aware of any of this intelligence about Bin Laden and won't have been looking out for planes going AWOL, flying into buildings and neither would the relatively low ranking officers at NORAD who were co-ordinating the response)

Hardly indicative of a Governmental plot to commit genocide, really. They were merely caught (disasterously) unawares.
El Scotto

And the other things on that list?
Reply 38
seanaldo123

So where is this scientific and mathematic evidence? Where are the papers being published in science journals with all these calculations? Answer: there are none.

If, as you say, the planes and fires were not enough to bring the towers down, wouldn't the conspirators just use bigger planes that would, ie, a 747's or Airbus A340's? It would be far, far simpler than rigging up 2 of the biggest skyscrapers in the world with explosives, in secret.

The Flight 93 phone call 'evidence' is something I find disturbing. Do you seriously think they could use actors good enough to fool close family members for several minutes and talk about specific family details?

3 people used mobile phones to call from Flight 93, 2 of them were from approx 25,000ft, and one was from around 5,000ft. It's extremely simple, mobile phone transmitters cover areas of several square miles, and that coverage goes upwards as well as sideways. Mobile phones were also more powerful in 2001, todays phones have been toned down due to radiation concerns. There is absolutely zero evidence for faked phone calls.

What would be the point of a fake Flight 93 anyway? If 'they' had already crashed planes into the Pentagon and the WTC, what would faking a crash in a field in the middle of nowhere going to achieve for the conspiracy? It would make it needlessly complicated.
Reply 39
Bismarck
The way they blatantly ignore the truth and publicize their idiotic "findings" despite requests by the relatives of the dead shows that they care more about living in their conspiratorial world than they do about fellow human beings.

This film was made by relatives of the dead, who desperately want and deserve answers to their huge list of important questions...

The official conspiracy theory is the biggest lie ever sold, so by believing in it you really are just naive and incredibly gullible...

If you had any decency you would watch this documentary, but instead you claim to know the truth, as sold to you by the corporate media...

If 9/11 was really a surprise attack by Al-Qaeda, then why did the Bush administration initially give the 9/11 commission just $3M to investigate?

Latest

Trending

Trending