The Student Room Group

Would you end McDonalds?

Scroll to see replies

I'm not a fan of these places so I probably would shut them down.
Original post by BasicMistake
Imagine you are given the power to end every major fast-food chain in existence including McDonald's, Burger King, KFC etc. Would you push the button?

McDonalds don't want to be known as a 'fast food' unhealthy place to eat, and as we progress into the future McDonalds will continue to get healthier, and on that basis I have opted for the "I could really do with a burger right now..." option.
Original post by Arkasia
Ah I see. In that case, yes, I would.

You'd ban all fast food restaurants? :s-smilie:
Mcdonalds deatroys lifes and childrens organs
Original post by manchesterunited15
You'd ban all fast food restaurants? :s-smilie:

Not all restaurants, just the large chains.
Original post by Arkasia
Not all restaurants, just the large chains.

But why?
No McDonalds!? What a horrid idea!!!
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Mcdonalds deatroys lifes and childrens organs

No, ****ty decisions and parenting does
But why?

The larger the chain, the harder it is to regulate. Of course education should be the priority, but lets still control the supply.
Original post by Arkasia
The larger the chain, the harder it is to regulate. Of course education should be the priority, but lets still control the supply.

Regulate in what way?
Regulate in what way?

Control the quality of food, the ingredients, the prices etc
Reply 31
Honestly I don't see the appeal of McDonalds except the convenience of an McChicken Sandwich when you wan to grab a quick and cheap bite :biggrin:
Original post by Arkasia
Control the quality of food, the ingredients, the prices etc

That's surely far easier to regulate with bigger chains. Who knows what goes into the food in kebab vans on street corners?
Imagine you are given the power to end every major fast-food chain in existence including McDonald's, Burger King, KFC etc. Would you push the button?

Yes. Yes. And yes. I worked at one they are super clean and efficient and tasty. But they are contributing to the deaths of millions via obesity and the problems which are attached to it. The worker experience is just above poor. Not bad. But still the wages are pretty low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's surely far easier to regulate with bigger chains. Who knows what goes into the food in kebab vans on street corners?

Hardly. Prices need to be closely monitored and addressed. If a kebab van is dodgy, it can get shut. If a McDonalds is dodgy, they can pay a fine, promise to be good, and carry on. The problem is that they are very good at keeping on the right side of the law, and can afford to push the boundaries. Local places can't do the same.
No I wouldn't. I don't eat there very often but if I'm in an airport or something I will, and if I'm abroad and want a quick cheap lunch without having to sit down eating for ages or traverse a language barrier I use it.

I'm unsure. McDonald's and Burger King are no problems, as the fast food doesn't taste there. But what happened to the rest? I believe in good fast food chains indeed.
Original post by Arkasia
Hardly. Prices need to be closely monitored and addressed. If a kebab van is dodgy, it can get shut. If a McDonalds is dodgy, they can pay a fine, promise to be good, and carry on. The problem is that they are very good at keeping on the right side of the law, and can afford to push the boundaries. Local places can't do the same.

I don't think any Mcdonalds franchises are doing anything dodgy with their food, they have the same ingredients everywhere. There's also far more public scrutiny on them so it wouldn't be worth risking the backlash.

By the same logic, we'd also ban everything made by coca cola, cadbury etc?
I don't think any Mcdonalds franchises are doing anything dodgy with their food, they have the same ingredients everywhere. There's also far more public scrutiny on them so it wouldn't be worth risking the backlash.

By the same logic, we'd also ban everything made by coca cola, cadbury etc?

Slightly different situation, but in an ideal world, yes.
Original post by Arkasia
Slightly different situation, but in an ideal world, yes.

This is starting to sound like North Korea

Quick Reply

Latest