The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool 2015 Medicine Applicants!! :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CubicleG
goodluck!

You too! Where else have you applied??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Application sent! Leeds Liverpool keele and Lancaster.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied :smile:
Reply 183
Has anyone received an acknowledgement email from Liverpool yet at least? I've received acknowledgement emails from my other two medical schools and not getting one from Liverpool is making me anxious!
Original post by Nina77
Has anyone received an acknowledgement email from Liverpool yet at least? I've received acknowledgement emails from my other two medical schools and not getting one from Liverpool is making me anxious!

Nope, sent mine off on the 2nd Oct and still haven't gotten anything, don't think they will send us a confirmation

What Unis have given you confirmation??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 185
I will be applying on Monday! I have heard PS are rejected if they do not have enough extra curricular?? anyone know anything on this...
Reply 186
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Nope, sent mine off on the 2nd Oct and still haven't gotten anything, don't think they will send us a confirmation

What Unis have given you confirmation??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bristol, Lancaster and conditional offer from Warwick biomed
Original post by Nina77

Liverpool send out a generic email or letter, or both - centrally rather than from the medical school. And not everyone receives it. It doesn't mean anything, and I wouldn't worry about it.
Original post by uk2good
I will be applying on Monday! I have heard PS are rejected if they do not have enough extra curricular?? anyone know anything on this...

As long as you mention a few things it shouldn't be too bad
Original post by uk2good

Where did you hear that ?
I hope they do consider your extra curricular but in their ps criteria they say they want a caring contribution and medical insight, on the phone they said they have a secret ps criteria but they never give it out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 190
Original post by futuremedic19
Where did you hear that ?
I hope they do consider your extra curricular but in their ps criteria they say they want a caring contribution and medical insight, on the phone they said they have a secret ps criteria but they never give it out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Secret ps criteria?! :O do you have any idea what they might be?
Original post by Nina77
Secret ps criteria?! :O do you have any idea what they might be?

Sorry I have absolutely no idea and Liverpool will never reveal it. It's not really a criteria but rather it's a particular scoring system they use in which they look at many things in a candidate.
On the open day they said that they like candidates who have a good work life balance so I'm guguessing EC's do play a role :smile:

Where did u hear that they will reject you if you don't have lots of EC.
Any help is really appreciated!
im stuck between liverpool and cardiff and east Anglia!
I have a Ukcat of 660 and 7.5A*s and 2As at gcse and AAAB at AS with A*AA predictions. where do I have the best chsnces to get an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by baner-2003
Any help is really appreciated!
im stuck between liverpool and cardiff and east Anglia!
I have a Ukcat of 660 and 7.5A*s and 2As at gcse and AAAB at AS with A*AA predictions. where do I have the best chsnces to get an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good chances at all of them tbh. If you're not confident about your PS then maybe UEA
I think my ps is good but liverpool is very competitive!
thankyou!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by baner-2003
I think my ps is good but liverpool is very competitive!
thankyou!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would agree that with your ukcat and stats UEA is a perfect choice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey people I don't use this often but I was wondering if anyone could answer this question. I got 7A*3A at GCSE (18/18) and AAAB at AS but the B was in Biology! My A2 predictions are A*A*A*A (3A*1A). Assuming my PS and reference are good, what chance do you think I have of getting an interview from Liverpool or Lancaster? I'm applying to Leeds, Liverpool, Lancaster and Keele!
Original post by DomTom97
Hey people I don't use this often but I was wondering if anyone could answer this question. I got 7A*3A at GCSE (18/18) and AAAB at AS but the B was in Biology! My A2 predictions are A*A*A*A (3A*1A). Assuming my PS and reference are good, what chance do you think I have of getting an interview from Liverpool or Lancaster? I'm applying to Leeds, Liverpool, Lancaster and Keele!

Your stats are very good however Liverpool, Lancaster are very PS heavy. And for Keele there is a roles and responsibilities form, so look that up. I would strongly advise Cardiff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is the roles and responsibility form about?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DomTom97
What is the roles and responsibility form about?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think there is one for Liverpool? I thought that was just keele?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending