The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool 2015 Medicine Applicants!! :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ccasey1995
Pre or post interview? Sorry to hear. :frown: I didn't think Liverpool gave them out this early

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pre interview :frown:
Stats: 10A*s 2As, 4As
Work experience: GP, Mental health unit, A&E Department, Volunteer in Indian hospital, Maths tutor, Volunteer at nursery
Extra curriculars: Grade 8 Piano, Black Belt in Karate, Senior Prefect, Grade 6 Drama, and I play tennis weekly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1981
Original post by scienceobsessed
Pre interview :frown:
Stats: 10A*s 2As, 4As
Work experience: GP, Mental health unit, A&E Department, Volunteer in Indian hospital, Maths tutor, Volunteer at nursery
Extra curriculars: Grade 8 Piano, Black Belt in Karate, Senior Prefect, Grade 6 Drama, and I play tennis weekly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your stats and extra curriculars/work exp are unbelievable, I'm really surprised you weren't invited to interview, sorry to hear. Good luck with the rest of your choices though, Liverpool is only one! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1982
Just checked my email and got interview on 11th :smile: Just hope for everyone, my GCSE score is 15/18 so don't give up yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 96305
Your stats and extra curriculars/work exp are unbelievable, I'm really surprised you weren't invited to interview, sorry to hear. Good luck with the rest of your choices though, Liverpool is only one! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thank you! Good luck to you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hukdealz
looks like it'll be a rejection for me :frown:(((

I'm thinking the same.....but keeping my hopes up as it's not over until that all important rejection email comes through :frown:
What's your score btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beansontoast92
I'm thinking the same.....but keeping my hopes up as it's not over until that all important rejection email comes through :frown:
What's your score btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

28, wbu?
28, wbu?

U mean 18??
I have 17 but beginning to worry as they have now probably skipped us as they have given scores with 15 an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
U mean 18??
I have 17 but beginning to worry as they have now probably skipped us as they have given scores with 15 an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol yeah, I meant 18.

I don't think they're doing it in any order, people with 18/17 are still getting interviews!

Don't lose hope!
lol yeah, I meant 18.

I don't think they're doing it in any order, people with 18/17 are still getting interviews!

Don't lose hope!

Yehh I hope you're right...I got an email from them in December saying that they're processing my application and they just wanted to know something about one of my grades. So I hope that not the end of me, but anyway not too long left now either way!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by flux90
Just checked my email and got interview on 11th :smile: Just hope for everyone, my GCSE score is 15/18 so don't give up yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What time is your interview? Mine is at 11.00 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr. Django
You were correct! Probably the friendliest interviewers I've ever had :smile:

Hopefully that was good enough as I really like what I've seen of Liverpool thus far

Did you struggle with any ethics Qs or did it all go smoothly? :smile: just worried about that as I have no idea what they'll ask!
are they only giving a week's notice now when they send out invites to interview?
Original post by adershsaravanaa
are they only giving a week's notice now when they send out invites to interview?

Yep unless you're international.
AHHHH just recieved an interview invite for 12th of Feb!!! Don't give up hope guys because I was 95% I was going to get rejected
Original post by Bluegirl33
AHHHH just recieved an interview invite for 12th of Feb!!! Don't give up hope guys because I was 95% I was going to get rejected

Congrats what your score btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats what your score btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from Scotland so not sure really sure what my score is haha
Original post by alfresco_
Did you struggle with any ethics Qs or did it all go smoothly? :smile: just worried about that as I have no idea what they'll ask!

No the ethics question isn't hard
Is it panel rather than MMI? went to an open day but can't remember if they said they use mmi, are thinking of introducing mmi or if they use it but only on graduate entry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boods8897
Is it panel rather than MMI? went to an open day but can't remember if they said they use mmi, are thinking of introducing mmi or if they use it but only on graduate entry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Panel for undergrads and MMI for graduates.
still waiting for an interview from Liverpool, getting really worried now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending