The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool 2015 Medicine Applicants!! :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
If you have a look here: https://www.liv.ac.uk/media/livacuk/schoolofmedicine/Liverpool,Departmental,Supplement,to,Admissions,2014.pdf (where it says "Stage 3 (Interview)").

They say that they may introduce it for graduates this time but there's no mention of them introducing it for people who've just done their A-Levels.

Thank goodness! I was upset hearing about the switch to MMI as I'm much more comfortable with panel interviews. Thanks for clearing that up. :smile:
Wow guys, can't believe Liverpool have already started to give out interviews! Anyone think they'll give any more out next week?
Original post by castletower
Thank goodness! I was upset hearing about the switch to MMI as I'm much more comfortable with panel interviews. Thanks for clearing that up. :smile:

I haven't been able to find anything else that suggests otherwise so I may still be wrong. :tongue: But it looks like (hopefully) it's still panel :crossedf:
Original post by Dervis
Well Yea ofc with predicted IB grades.. I just don't seem to find anyone doing the IB that is applying for Medicine in the UK.
So what classes are you taking with what grades? (If you feel comfortable telling me ofc!)

I mean I applied after sitting my exams so im on a gap year. 39 with 3 points from tok. I was really pleased so I gave medicine another shot. Im international though, not from the UK.
Reply 584
Original post by Nina77
Well good luck! I feel like I need to start preparing now

Good luck to you too! :smile:
Have you guys already started preparing yet??

My school kind of force us to prepare early by having early mock interviews!!

How is everyone finding preparation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarahfrost97
I think its 2 weeks, my friend got it yesterday for the 17th

Could you ask your friend that when she received the email what are the interview domains given and if any links were given?

I ask because when i was given an interview last year we're given the interview domains.

Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by faddys123
Could you ask your friend that when she received the email what are the interview domains given and if any links were given?

I ask because when i was given an interview last year we're given the interview domains.

Thanks

What do you mean by interview domains?
Original post by Dervis
Hey! Anyone here doing the IB?

Me! Im the only one in my college applying for medicine in UK. Im international. Hows IB so far?
Reply 589
Original post by Inglisred
I mean I applied after sitting my exams so im on a gap year. 39 with 3 points from tok. I was really pleased so I gave medicine another shot. Im international though, not from the UK.

Ohhh! Hey, that's nice! I'm EU... so did you apply your senior year to medicine too?
Reply 590
Original post by sarahaida
Me! Im the only one in my college applying for medicine in UK. Im international. Hows IB so far?

Uhh college? Nice! Where are you studying now?
I'm EU
IB is going good so far, stressful but manageable!
There is not a lot of people applying with IB grades, right?
Original post by Dervis
Ohhh! Hey, that's nice! I'm EU... so did you apply your senior year to medicine too?

Yeah I did but I wasn't very smart with my choices unfortunately. This year I tried to apply to universities I know I have a good shot at.
Original post by Dervis
Uhh college? Nice! Where are you studying now?
I'm EU
IB is going good so far, stressful but manageable!
There is not a lot of people applying with IB grades, right?

Oh yeah, I'm from malaysia. We do IB in college lol. So i think I'm older than others? 19 this year.

True that! I just hope we do okay with just predicted grades (no AS equivalent).

Where did you apply?
Original post by Dervis
Well Yea ofc with predicted IB grades.. I just don't seem to find anyone doing the IB that is applying for Medicine in the UK.
So what classes are you taking with what grades? (If you feel comfortable telling me ofc!)

Hey, I'm a UK IB student applying with predicted grades! It's hard to find other IB people in all the A-levellers :')
No one on TSR got an interview yet? apart from someones's friend?
Reply 595
Original post by sarahaida
Oh yeah, I'm from malaysia. We do IB in college lol. So i think I'm older than others? 19 this year.

True that! I just hope we do okay with just predicted grades (no AS equivalent).

Where did you apply?

IB in college? I didn't know that was a thing! And from what I know colleges love IB students... with all the CAS stuff that we do not to mention the curriculum by itself..

I applied to Bristol, Exeter, Liverpool and East anglia, what about you?
Reply 596
Original post by littlejess
Hey, I'm a UK IB student applying with predicted grades! It's hard to find other IB people in all the A-levellers :')

Right! What classes are you taking and where are you applying?
Reply 597
Original post by qwerty_96
No one on TSR got an interview yet? apart from someones's friend?

I asked, no-one should have any interviews at all lol
Reply 598
Original post by Ahwab

Do you know when they should be sending out interviews?
Original post by Ahwab

Hahah, did u call them up today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending