The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool 2015 Medicine Applicants!! :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zed963
Bio, Chem and Maths

So are you doing an EPQ for the 4th one or is it general studs/similar?
Original post by zed963
I underperformed in one module which brought everything down.

But still an A*?? My teacher wouldn't even predict me an A* when I got a high A overall!
Original post by WishIHadRevised
So are you doing an EPQ for the 4th one or is it general studs/similar?

General Studies and EPQ.
Original post by JMJ_1996
But still an A*?? My teacher wouldn't even predict me an A* when I got a high A overall!

Hmm,

The teacher knew that I worked hard and didn't slack and was capable of it.

Theoretically an A* can be achieved with 210 ums.

And you need to bear in mind that an A* prediction should have no added benefit to an A prediction.
Original post by zed963
Hmm,

The teacher knew that I worked hard and didn't slack and was capable of it.

Theoretically an A* can be achieved with 210 ums.

And you need to bear in mind that an A* prediction should have no added benefit to an A prediction.

Hmm. It does, some medical schools rank you by predicted grades so A*s are definitely beneficial
Original post by zed963
Interview next Thursday, absolutely bricking it. Haven't even done an ounce of preparation.

Ucas was sent on 3rd October.

Is liverpool MMI? Or panel?

Congratulations!! I received an interview today as well and I am also bricking it ahaha but Liverpool is panel for undergraduates and MMI for graduate applicants- just to make it confusing for us
Original post by Ezme39
My interview's tomorrow and I sent it on 12th October (I think!) - tbh it seems a pretty random order at the moment with who's being selected

Good luck!! Focus on traditional questions like why liverpool, teamwork etc and those ethical questions and you'll do fine.

I had an interview with them last year but didn't get the offer so reapplied :smile:

PM me for any questions.. :smile:
Original post by faddys123
Good luck!! Focus on traditional questions like why liverpool, teamwork etc and those ethical questions and you'll do fine.

I had an interview with them last year but didn't get the offer so reapplied :smile:

PM me for any questions.. :smile:

Thank you!! Luckily ethics and teamwork are my stronger areas so not feeling too nervous at the moment- just brushing up on some recent news stories in case they crop up :smile:
When do you reckon they'll send out rejections... lol
Reply 789
When do you reckon they'll send out rejections... lol

They have a 3 stage selection process. It says on their website people who fail stage 1 (academics) get rejected starting from December. People who fail stage 2 (non-academics) get rejected starting from the end of December. Then stage 3 (interview) rejections will obviously be at some point after you've been interviewed, anytime until March.
Original post by WeirdF
They have a 3 stage selection process. It says on their website people who fail stage 1 (academics) get rejected starting from December. People who fail stage 2 (non-academics) get rejected starting from the end of December. Then stage 3 (interview) rejections will obviously be at some point after you've been interviewed, anytime until March.

Argh it's such a long time to wait for anything then...
Original post by WeirdF

Is that definite?
Reply 792
Original post by JMJ_1996
Is that definite?

I don't work for the the Liverpool Admissions Department lol, I'm just repeating the publicly available information from their website.
Argh it's such a long time to wait for anything then...

Hang on in there pink panther :smile:. It's still early days and I'm sure we will hear back soon. Btw when I rang up they said that they get the applications in batches and look at each one carefully before making a decision so it's purely random as to whether you get an interview now or near March although I would presume they will give those with 18/18 preference this year.
Good luck!!
I'm a re applicant. Haven't received an invite to interview yet, but hopefully with my 3 A's at A Level I'll get that far this time round (rejected pre interview last year). I did receive an email from Liverpool medical admissions though wanting to clarify something about my application (details of my qualifications). Goes to show they do give a lot of effort to looking at candidates, when non of my other three choices having stopped to clarify what must be confusing to them also. I know it's nothing to get excited over.... But they were looking at my application.... They took the time to stop and clarify something.... The medical admissions people spoke to me. They actually spoke to me :P haha (a big jump up for me, from 4 pre interview rejections last year)
Original post by MrAmbitiousFool
I'm a re applicant. Haven't received an invite to interview yet, but hopefully with my 3 A's at A Level I'll get that far this time round (rejected pre interview last year). I did receive an email from Liverpool medical admissions though wanting to clarify something about my application (details of my qualifications). Goes to show they do give a lot of effort to looking at candidates, when non of my other three choices having stopped to clarify what must be confusing to them also. I know it's nothing to get excited over.... But they were looking at my application.... They took the time to stop and clarify something.... The medical admissions people spoke to me. They actually spoke to me :P haha (a big jump up for me, from 4 pre interview rejections last year)

This is exactly the same story as me lol
im a reapplicant with 4 pre interview rejections, AAA at A-levels, no interviews so far this year and liverpool emailed me yday to clarify my GCSE english.
haha i hope its a good sign for us lol
Got an interview invite a few hours ago with a pre-interview score of 17/18! :smile:
Original post by CoralJade
Got an interview invite a few hours ago with a pre-interview score of 17/18! :smile:

You I like.
IMPORTANT QUESTION
I did my IELTS after the 15th Oct, and got my results few days ago. How do I send my results to the university?
Original post by CoralJade

What's your extracurricular?:smile: good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending