The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool 2015 Medicine Applicants!! :)

Scroll to see replies

They still haven't started the international invites yet? :frown:

Also, wow we've already passed 1000 posts.
Original post by Inglisred
They still haven't started the international invites yet? :frown:

Also, wow we've already passed 1000 posts.

I'm hoping we'll hear sometime this week. If not, this is just getting ridiculous.
Original post by Degirl267
I'm hoping we'll hear sometime this week. If not, this is just getting ridiculous.

I think they've been dealing with a lot of home competition though, which is fair enough. As long as I get mine, I'll be happy.
I think they've been dealing with a lot of home competition though, which is fair enough. As long as I get mine, I'll be happy.

Yeah, me too... :smile:
how do you know what score you got out of 18?
Original post by undergadhopeful
how do you know what score you got out of 18?

A/A*=2 points
B=1 point

These are GCSE points (sorry you probs know that!)
Does anybody know the cut off for GCSE points for an interview?
Original post by LetsDoThis!
Does anybody know the cut off for GCSE points for an interview?

I believe it's 15
Original post by Dzidze
I believe it's 15

Thank you!
Original post by Watson_Jordan
I have an interview on Monday too. It said 'smart but casual'. I bought a suit for a previous interview, so I'll be wearing that. It's pretty ambiguous, but as long as you are dressed smartly, I think that it will be fine. Good luck!

From experience, virtually all of the boys wore suit and a few girls wore jeans and looked very out of place
Does anyone know whether or not the interviewers on the panel at Liverpool are both doctors ??

It's just that I had my interview last Monday and I used so much medical terminology.
Original post by futuremedic19
Does anyone know whether or not the interviewers on the panel at Liverpool are both doctors ??

It's just that I had my interview last Monday and I used so much medical terminology.

Surprised they didn't tell you when you were there what they were? They introduced themselves to me. I had two doctors, but I know not everyone did
Reply 1192
Im international and just got an interview invitation!!!!!! 😁😃😂 any internationals have got theirs too???
Original post by mwu13
Im international and just got an interview invitation!!!!!! ������������������ any internationals have got theirs too???

Omg no i haven't :frown:
Original post by mwu13
Im international and just got an interview invitation!!!!!! any internationals have got theirs too???

What was your GCSE score?
Reply 1195
What was your GCSE score?

Oh don't worry. I only got my invitation at 11:00 this morning, I am sure that they have still got loads of invitations to give out today and tomorrow. :smile: Liverpool takes around 23 internationals so they will interview a lot of people i guess. :confused:

I got 5 A* and 5 A at GCSE, but I resat my English GCSE in college in order to get from a B to an A, and I don't think liverpool accepts GCSE resits so I would say my gcse score is 17. :s-smilie:

What are your stats if u don't mind telling me?? :colondollar:
Original post by mwu13
Oh don't worry. I only got my invitation at 11:00 this morning, I am sure that they have still got loads of invitations to give out today and tomorrow. :smile: Liverpool takes around 23 internationals so they will interview a lot of people i guess. :confused:

I got 5 A* and 5 A at GCSE, but I resat my English GCSE in college in order to get from a B to an A, and I don't think liverpool accepts GCSE resits so I would say my gcse score is 17. :s-smilie:

What are your stats if u don't mind telling me?? :colondollar:

You need nine A*/A grades at GCSE to get 18/18 don't you?

Mine is 17 so I hope that won't get me rejected... Did 11 drafts for my personal statement.. I've got 39 achieved IB points.
Reply 1197
You need nine A*/A grades at GCSE to get 18/18 don't you?

Mine is 17 so I hope that won't get me rejected... Did 11 drafts for my personal statement.. I've got 39 achieved IB points.

Wow! your stats are great and the hardwork u have made will definitely get u an interview, so just be patient and don't worry. :smile:
Liverpool is the only uni that's giving me an interview invitation so I am really panicking now... :s-smilie:
Have u got invitations from other unis u've applied to?? :biggrin:
Original post by mwu13
Im international and just got an interview invitation!!!!!! 😁😃😂 any internationals have got theirs too???

Oh my... Congrats!! I'm really worried now! Hope I get one too!
Original post by mwu13
Wow! your stats are great and the hardwork u have made will definitely get u an interview, so just be patient and don't worry. :smile:
Liverpool is the only uni that's giving me an interview invitation so I am really panicking now... :s-smilie:
Have u got invitations from other unis u've applied to?? :biggrin:

I have an invite from Manchester, which I really hope I do well in, but no other responses. Don't panic though, you'll do well if you practice and maintain confidence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending