The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool 2015 Medicine Applicants!! :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr. Django
Sorry to hear that :/ Your work experience and EC's are incredible!!! As you say, you have other interviews so I'm sure you will be successful :smile:

I am now awaiting my imminent rejection as my work experience and ECs sound like a joke when compared with yours!

So rejections have began it seems.

totally get how you feel, seeing people being rejected with amazing EC's and WE makes me feel rubbish as i fear i will expect a rejection now as Mine are not on par with many being rejected :frown:
Original post by shyaamb
Rejected :frown:. 41 points predicted at IB. Apparently my PS was not competitive enough.
For extracurriculars I had MUN, Student Council, Film Club, Tutoring sessions, Guitar, violin and Tabla.
For Work Exp; I had a one month shadowing at a pediatrics clinic, 3 days at Nephrologist Clinic, 10 days at a Trip to Tanzania where i helped build a shelter for underprivileged kids, 2 years volunteering at a "soup kitchen" for labor workers in the UAE.

Oh well, time to focus on my other interviews.

So sorry to hear about your rejection, I hope you have better luck with your other choices!!
Original post by Natalierm2707
So rejections have began it seems.

totally get how you feel, seeing people being rejected with amazing EC's and WE makes me feel rubbish as i fear i will expect a rejection now as Mine are not on par with many being rejected :frown:

They have indeed, surprised I'm yet to be rejected!

As others have said, there are some interviews yet to be handed out so I guess there is a small chance, but with the standard of those rejected I'm not exactly hopeful xD

At least we've had other interview(s) so can hopefully fall back on them if we do indeed get rejected :s-smilie:

Do you reckon Liverpool still have some PS's to score?

As others have said, there are some interviews yet to be handed out so I guess there is a small chance, but with the standard of those rejected I'm not exactly hopeful xD

At least we've had other interview(s) so can hopefully fall back on them if we do indeed get rejected :s-smilie:

Hello,

Do you know how many invites have been sent out? And how many applicants to they interview?

Not sure if Im honest and totally agree, im surprised!!

Yea I had an interview at Cardiff but didnt get an early offer so my chances there are not looking good, havent heard anything from any of my others and am holding out for liverpool or sheffield (please!!!)

loved liverpools vibe, totally sold me on the open day and really like the more lecture based course and the access to some amazing hospitals!!

hopefully it will be good news we will hear but my hope is slowly running away.
Original post by shyaamb
Trinity College Dublin and Queens Uni Belfast. Kinda wanted Liv.

You got an interview at Trinity!! :O

I applied last year and got no response at all... until a rejection several months after I applied. Wow, congrats.
got rejected :frown: 16points, IB predicted 44. they said my non academic was not as competitive.
Original post by Dzidze
got rejected :frown: 16points, IB predicted 44. they said my non academic was not as competitive.

Sorry to hear that...do you have interviews elsewhere? And sorry for being a nosey cow but what were your non-academics?
Original post by Dzidze

I feel you. Kinda blows
Original post by ATA95
Hi! Congrats. Are you an international? What are your stats? and extra curricular if you dont mind. I am really getting worried.....

Thanks. :smile:

Well...I'm a home student but they've said that they've identified me as potentially an international student (despite me having lived in the UK for the past 17 years :tongue:) so I need to fill in a form to confirm that I'm a home student.

My stats are as follows:

Original post by Inglisred
Yayy! What date?

Is that all four of yours?

Indeed, 4/4 interviews now. Got none last year so much happier. :tongue:

Original post by Poised
Congrats Usycool

Do you have 17 or 18 GCSE points?
(Not many people have mentioned having 17 or fewer)

Thanks, 18. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ooompalumpa
Even with being a few marks off from the cut-off? I've applied for the 5 yr course hence why I posted here :smile:

Tbh I really don't know :/ I've got 18/18 points but no interview; others have 15 or 16 and have interviews. I think a lot depends on PS but all anyone can do is hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1391
Has anyone with 15 / 16 points been invited for interview

& for the people saying that GCSE doesn't matter, just personal statement. This is untrue, for Liverpool they give preference to those with a higher GCSE point score, which is why I ended up applying to Lancaster instead of Liverpool even though I had been to their medicine taster day, open day, Medicine day at the hospital and many other programmes.

Original post by boods8897
Tbh I really don't know :/ I've got 18/18 points but no interview; others have 15 or 16 and have interviews. I think a lot depends on PS but all anyone can do is hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know someone with 15 points with an interview?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ooompalumpa
Sorry to hear that...do you have interviews elsewhere? And sorry for being a nosey cow but what were your non-academics?

I have an interview at Bristol.
non academics: hockey, rounders , netball, competitive swimming. Because I'm a girl club. Guess I lacked diversit
Original post by Dzidze
I have an interview at Bristol.
non academics: hockey, rounders , netball, competitive swimming. Because I'm a girl club. Guess I lacked diversit

Wow! That looks amazeballs to me!!!! And remember it only takes one interview so all the best!!

P.s. I have none :frown:
Original post by Hudl

You know someone with 15 points with an interview?

I wasn't sure whether 15 or 16 was the lowest I'd heard of. I haven't got one yet so definitely not claiming to be any sort of expert on it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got rejected pre interview (I'm international btw)
Original post by probablegapyear
Just got rejected pre interview (I'm international btw)

Did they say why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boods8897
Did they say why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

my personal statement did not demonstrate caring
did any UK residence go interview from Liverpool for med. when do they stop giving interviews?
Original post by Asad85
did any UK residence go interview from Liverpool for med. when do they stop giving interviews?

I've just rang in and they told me they still have invites left and will be giving them out till end of February :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending