The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool 2015 Medicine Applicants!! :)

Scroll to see replies

Ugh, still nothing from Liverpool:frown:
Original post by erudite

Same!
Original post by 3mma_gal96
Same!

and me
Original post by waz451
Who else had an interview today?

I did! :smile:
Reply 1584
Original post by Komodo dragon
I did! :smile:

What time was yours?
Haven't heard anything yet.
Do I still have a chance?
Original post by whowhowhowhowho
Haven't heard anything yet.
Do I still have a chance?

Yep until the end of feb!
Original post by erudite

Same :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
The thing is right, Liverpool don't interview people in order of who's the most competitive. I attended the Liverpool Medicine taster back in December and was very fortunate to chat to the head of admissions Dr. Fiona Watson. She said they interview at random, and during a lecture she was discussing the rise in applicants this year. As a result, she said most applicants who will receive an interview will have 17/18 points. Also, she said the UKCAT will be most probably introduced in the next admission cycle.

In short, theres definitely still hope for me and everyone else still to receive an interview. Plus my advice for those with upcoming interviews know the Liverpool medical course structure inside out. They almost ask everyone 'Why Liverpool' they want to separate those who really want to study at Liverpool or those who just applied because of a bad UKCAT score.
Original post by johnabdul
The thing is right, Liverpool don't interview people in order of who's the most competitive. I attended the Liverpool Medicine taster back in December and was very fortunate to chat to the head of admissions Dr. Fiona Watson. She said they interview at random, and during a lecture she was discussing the rise in applicants this year. As a result, she said most applicants who will receive an interview will have 17/18 points. Also, she said the UKCAT will be most probably introduced in the next admission cycle.

In short, theres definitely still hope for me and everyone else still to receive an interview. Plus my advice for those with upcoming interviews know the Liverpool medical course structure inside out. They almost ask everyone 'Why Liverpool' they want to separate those who really want to study at Liverpool or those who just applied because of a bad UKCAT score.

That's really worried me because
I totally messed up that question and tbh my chances are virtually zero
Original post by JMJ_1996
That's really worried me because
I totally messed up that question and tbh my chances are virtually zero

Nothing really to be worried about. The course structure changed this year and not much information is released about the specific changes. I don't think they expect you to be an expert. Besides, just as long as you impressed the doctor on the panel you should be fine. A doctors recommendation can be the difference between a straight offer and a possible offer/rejection.
Original post by johnabdul
Nothing really to be worried about. The course structure changed this year and not much information is released about the specific changes. I don't think they expect you to be an expert. Besides, just as long as you impressed the doctor on the panel you should be fine. A doctors recommendation can be the difference between a straight offer and a possible offer/rejection.

I suppose so, I did find it really hard to find accurate information about the course, I wish they had given a bit more information but the rest of the interview went well so fingers crossed
Has anyone with a score of 16 got an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1593
18/18 and no interview. :frown:
Hey guys, I know Liverpool have changed to CBL as their mainstream... but where do they state this on their website; where are we able to find this information?
Original post by Degirl267
Hey guys, I know Liverpool have changed to CBL as their mainstream... but where do they state this on their website; where are we able to find this information?

Click on the "curriculum review" side tab, have a look at the pdfs provided :wink:
Click on the "curriculum review" side tab, have a look at the pdfs provided :wink:

Thanks, have already had a look at that but again, there is no solid mention of 'CBL'...:confused:
Thanks, have already had a look at that but again, there is no solid mention of 'CBL'...:confused:

It is mentioned at the bottom of page 3 "...HARC sessions, case based learning, clinical skills sessions and relevant clinical placements." but yes, there is little detail!
It is mentioned at the bottom of page 3 "...HARC sessions, case based learning, clinical skills sessions and relevant clinical placements." but yes, there is little detail!

Thanks a lot, you're a star :-) But yes, that's very little detail I guess!
Thanks a lot, you're a star :-) But yes, that's very little detail I guess!

No problems! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending