The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool 2015 Medicine Applicants!! :)

Scroll to see replies

Have they given out all interview offers yet?
Original post by iamint
Have they given out all interview offers yet?

Yes they have given some out but there is still some interviews left so there is still hope good luck:smile::smile:
Original post by hukdealz
let me reiterate my point.

I made a better judgement than she did.

she can't be very experienced if she made such a catastrophic error.

Our h/e advisor who gets over a third of our entire sixth form into med school gave us list with advice for minimum requirements for each and every medical school. When I went to her, she told me the 4 med school I'd have the greatest chance of getting into given my stats, and she was spot on.

She isn't a HE advisor, she is a chemistry teacher who has done this for years and does it very well, I don't appreciate you slating her because she is literally the nicest and most helpful person for us all at college.

You want to be a doctor and your going around on TSR acting arrogant like this and judging people??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hukdealz
I toiled to get my work experience as well, which is exactly why I'm telling people to stop complaining and go out and find work experience.

When I first applied for a shadowing placement, they turned me down because I had no experience in a clinical environment. I went and spendt hours volunteering at a local care home. I went back, and spent hours applying again. So I went away, dedicated 5 hours of my life every single week to volunteering at a care home and disabled school (during mock exam period) for 3 months before i reapplied, and then, they decided to give me a weeks work experience.

I don't complain about how hard it was to get just a weeks worth of work experience at a hospital, so why does everyone else?

People seriously need to stop being so cruel to others about work experience, not everyone is in the same situation, don't call people lazy or not motivated when probably they want it just as much as anyone else but just can't.

This thread is now so off topic lets get back to some actual useful talk, who is still waiting to hear from liverpool??

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by theothetaco
Guys. I get the nerves are stretched to their limit with all this wait and rejections and all that, but is this really necessary?
Can we not continue this discussion? This thread is about medicine at the University of Liverpool. Can we please keep it that way?

Take a deep breath and move on...

That being said, anyone get news yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope sadly no news here, still waiting. Medical applications are a huge waiting game sadly.

Let's be hopeful. And hukdealz please just stop being so judgemental and horrible on here and start acting like a future doctor should. This thread is filling up with arguements, and it's supposed to be useful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1785
Have they sent out any rejections?
Where's everyone interviews? Mine's at Cedar house on monday
Original post by yabdul2015
Where's everyone interviews? Mine's at Cedar house on monday

I think everyone's is in cedar house!
Good look, it's a really nice interview- had mine at the start of December. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natalierm2707
People seriously need to stop being so cruel to others about work experience, not everyone is in the same situation, don't call people lazy or not motivated when probably they want it just as much as anyone else but just can't.

This thread is now so off topic lets get back to some actual useful talk, who is still waiting to hear from liverpool??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am:smile:
getting impatient now, im a resitter and im still waiting to hear back from liverpool! good luck everyone
Reply 1790
At 18 pts. Still nothing from liverpool. I dont think they have given many interviews this week. How many places still left , any idea. Loosing hope now.
Original post by ATA95
At 18 pts. Still nothing from liverpool. I dont think they have given many interviews this week. How many places still left , any idea. Loosing hope now.

I reckon still about 200 or so interviews to be given out
Does anyone have any idea if those with 16 points still have their personal statements read? I know that there is a huge amount of competition this year with a large number of applicants with 17/18 points but I'm not sure if they used a 17 point threshold or if they still considered those with 16?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Degirl267
Have you heard back from Plymouth post interview?

yeah i got rejected unfortunately so really banking on liverpool
Reply 1794
Original post by Charlie55
Does anyone have any idea if those with 16 points still have their personal statements read? I know that there is a huge amount of competition this year with a large number of applicants with 17/18 points but I'm not sure if they used a 17 point threshold or if they still considered those with 16?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Based on the Freedom of Information responses they have provided in the past, most of those interviewed have 17 or 18 points, with many more of the latter. There are people interviewed with lower points, just fewer of them. But you have a chance of an interview if your PS was very good.

All the best
Original post by adershsaravanaa
yeah i got rejected unfortunately so really banking on liverpool

Oh sorry to hear! Really hope you get an interview from Liverpool 😊
Original post by Poised
Based on the Freedom of Information responses they have provided in the past, most of those interviewed have 17 or 18 points, with many more of the latter. There are people interviewed with lower points, just fewer of them. But you have a chance of an interview if your PS was very good.

All the best

Ah okay, thank you! Fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone been rejected ?
Original post by Degirl267
Oh sorry to hear! Really hope you get an interview from Liverpool ������

thank you :smile:
Original post by suboftheday_
Has anyone been rejected ?

to date, the answer to your question is no

Quick Reply

Latest