The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Ahhhhh email me Birmingham!
Were all the offers for the first set of interviews sent on the same day last year? Or were they spread out over 2-3 days?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by holatombola
Were all the offers for the first set of interviews sent on the same day last year? Or were they spread out over 2-3 days?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year they were sent on the 18th and 19th
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shloke123
I think all December rejections and offers went out, if you haven't heard anything back then your probably in the middle 30%. That's one theory, another theory is all rejections have gone out, and offers have gone out to the best interviewees who they felt were really good so like top 20% and the remaining 30% due to get offers are still being decided on. I'm more keen on theory 1 tbh

If it's still the same as it was 2 years ago, the people who haven't heard and had their interviews in the November/December period are those in the middle block and therefore will not hear until other interviews have taken place. This is nothing to worry about - just increases the nerves! Try not to worry!

Hello everyone by the way, I'm a second year medical student at Birmingham. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. I also wrote a bit of a blog on here during my first year, so it might be worth you reading that to get an idea of what it's like to go through first year:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=44469264&highlight=life%20as%20a%20birmingham%20medic

Good luck! :smile:
I think all December rejections and offers went out, if you haven't heard anything back then your probably in the middle 30%. That's one theory, another theory is all rejections have gone out, and offers have gone out to the best interviewees who they felt were really good so like top 20% and the remaining 30% due to get offers are still being decided on. I'm more keen on theory 1 tbh

I don't really agree with this and strongly doubt that all offers/rejections have already been sent out since, as far as I can tell, people only started hearing back from Bham today. Last year, offers and rejections were spread out over 2/3 days.

I know your gonna hate this answer considering your question, but don't think about job prospects. Do what you find the most interesting!!!! I'm doing medicine because it fascinates me!!! :smile:

Again, I disagree with this. Job prospects are very important. Obviously, you need to have an interest in what you study or your education/career will be demoralising and you won't be able to achieve your maximum potential in either. However, job prospects and career trajectory are important for anyone who has any material desires.
Reply 985
Original post by toocoldforuhere
Yes

Apply again next year! They look favourably on applicants who re-apply
Original post by A1822
Apply again next year! They look favourably on applicants who re-apply

I don't think you can reapply to birmingham for med if you're rejected post interview 😔
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
I don't really agree with this and strongly doubt that all offers/rejections have already been sent out since, as far as I can tell, people only started hearing back from Bham today. Last year, offers and rejections were spread out over 2/3 days.

Again, I disagree with this. Job prospects are very important. Obviously, you need to have an interest in what you study or your education/career will be demoralising and you won't be able to achieve your maximum potential in either. However, job prospects and career trajectory are important for anyone who has any material desires.

Its just a theory based on the fact that the admissions office closes tomorrow. Maybe they will email more tomorrow? who knows, im glad i found out today ahahaha.

In response to the second thing, well I completely disagree. But that's alright, I guess it is dependent on your viewpoint and perception of life. If materialism is a high or even mediocre priority then yh i guess you're right. To me however, its a bonus. My priority is always happiness, enjoyment, and benefiting others. I gave my opinion based on perception, hence what i said is right to me, you may disagree, but you can't say im wrong haha :P I appreciate your viewpoint though, everyone lives with different objectives :smile:
Congrats to all those with offers! And those with rejections, don't give up, there is still hope.

So, who else has an interview in Jan/Feb - 2nd Feb anyone?
(edited 9 years ago)
So, do we think any more offers will go out today, or will some people now be waiting till march?

I'm convincing myself that hearing nothing is better than rejection right now haha
Original post by dongeezy
So, do we think any more offers will go out today, or will some people now be waiting till march?

I'm convincing myself that hearing nothing is better than rejection right now haha

I'm thinking exactly the same thing! :smile:
Original post by danni97
I'm thinking exactly the same thing! :smile:

Solidarity!
Would love an offer before Christmas, and i really like Birmingham.
Already had two rejections this holiday need Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MedAppli

Where from?
[QUOTE="dongeezy;52332475"]
Original post by MedAppli

Where from?

Bristol pre interview (unsurprisingly) ucl post interview even though they take in 70% of people who get interviewed and I felt mine went alright, it's hit me hard as it was my 2nd choice and I probably won't get Oxford

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="MedAppli;52332527"]
Original post by dongeezy

Bristol pre interview (unsurprisingly) ucl post interview even though they take in 70% of people who get interviewed and I felt mine went alright, it's hit me hard as it was my 2nd choice and I probably won't get Oxford

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks, good luck with your other choices
Any other Singapore residents with Birmingham interviews in Malaysia on 18th / 19th March?
Original post by ishysmile
Any other Singapore residents with Birmingham interviews in Malaysia on 18th / 19th March?

when did you receive your interview offer?
Just got an offer thought ucas track :smile: no email yet.... Interview was on 18/11/14, surname is r for anyone wondering about that kinda stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending