The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Offer!! Fourth and final! Y13 interview Feb 11th like 10.25 good luck to those waiting! A*AA offer :smile:
Original post by IceMedii
Offer!! Fourth and final! Y13 interview Feb 11th like 10.25 good luck to those waiting! A*AA offer :smile:

When did u get it

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done! what time did you get an email/ track update? :smile:
4:30 track my WiFi was off lool
4:30 track my WiFi was off lool

Well done

How do you feel your interview went ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm pretty decent I thought it was the best out of the four but one station in particular I was dying for the bell to ring so I could go lol, data interpretation (it's the one everyone cares the most about aha) i needed a kick at the start but after it was fine I guess, how was yours?

Original post by king cobra
Well done

How do you feel your interview went ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer! Interview 6th feb, year 13 home applicant found out via track email update thing at half 3- thought days analysis was alright but flopped the ethics one!
I had an interview in November....this wait is killing me!

Does anybody know when they will send more offers or rejections? Thanks

THIS WAIT IS TORTURING ME!!!!!
Just a thought really.....
Those of us waiting on hold from Nov/Dec interviews were not in the top 50% of the pre-Xmas batch to get an early offer, nor in the bottom 20% to get a rejection. Are we all still waiting? It seems that a lot of offers posted on here today are from Jan/Feb interviews.
So perhaps todays offers are the top 50% of the Jan/Feb interviews and then tomorrow the final offers will be given out to make 700, along with all of the rejections?
Does this sound possible?
Original post by Yorkshire_Lad
Just a thought really.....
Those of us waiting on hold from Nov/Dec interviews were not in the top 50% of the pre-Xmas batch to get an early offer, nor in the bottom 20% to get a rejection. Are we all still waiting? It seems that a lot of offers posted on here today are from Jan/Feb interviews.
So perhaps todays offers are the top 50% of the Jan/Feb interviews and then tomorrow the final offers will be given out to make 700, along with all of the rejections?
Does this sound possible?

That sounds reasonable :smile: I didn't hear of anyone from nov/dec getting offers today!
hi
does anyone know when international students will start to recieve decisions (offers) ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1591
Hey! So I called Birmingham earlier this morning to get some information on where they are in the application process. They told me that at this point they have gone through each applicant and made a decision and have begun sending them through UCAS - so everyone should here during this week. He said that when you here is completely random and just depends on where your file is on the pile. So it has nothing to do with whether you were in the bottom 20% or not. You should also remember that not everyone who applied to Birmingham will be contributing to the discussion so it's possible that nov/dec applicant heard back today. It's honestly just a waiting game at this point in time. best of luck to you all - by the way I'm an international applicant, interview: Feb 11th :smile:
Original post by oebham
Hey! So I called Birmingham earlier this morning to get some information on where they are in the application process. They told me that at this point they have gone through each applicant and made a decision and have begun sending them through UCAS - so everyone should here during this week. He said that when you here is completely random and just depends on where your file is on the pile. So it has nothing to do with whether you were in the bottom 20% or not. You should also remember that not everyone who applied to Birmingham will be contributing to the discussion so it's possible that nov/dec applicant heard back today. It's honestly just a waiting game at this point in time. best of luck to you all - by the way I'm an international applicant, interview: Feb 11th :smile:

Thank you for that :smile: good luck everyone!
Original post by oebham

Thank you for the update. I was just guessing in my earlier post. It was good of you to phone to get the exact info and then post it here for us.
Best of luck to you too.
Original post by oebham

thank u for the info :smile:

I'm an international applicant too :smile: hopefully we'll hear by the end of this week
Original post by oebham

Thanks for telling us :biggrin:
Reply 1596
Original post by Uosaf
OFFER!!! :biggrin:

Really thought I had flopped the Data analysis xD

The offer is for AAA though, not A*AA, does anyone now why this would be? (I'm, not on the A2B scheme as far as I know)

It is my first choice though so i'm over the moon :smile:
My interview was 24th of Feb btw if anyone was wondering.

+ Check your track as I didn't get an Email notification
Good luck to everyone!

I've got a conditional offer too for AAA! I wonder why we have?:tongue: Are you doing three or four A-levels?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ihatespirometers
OFFER!!!!!

Well done! :smile: what time did your ucas update?
Is there a Facebook page for medical offer holders yet?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by oebham

Original post by oebham

I think those from the first batch who were in the bottom 20% were rejected immediately in December when the first offers were given out.

Waiting list folks: it is mid March now. Anyone know when we will actually hear?

Sorry for the double quote I cannot delete it on my phone!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending