The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by LTAJizzes
So does that mean we can leave that section blank in the health form?

Im sorry I filled that form out three years ago what exactly are you referring to?
Reply 1781
I have an offer for 2015 but do you think it'd be possible to defer entry to 2016 now?
Original post by cmkable
Im sorry I filled that form out three years ago what exactly are you referring to?

whoops soz. like the hepb and bcg sections
Original post by farahfahd
Where do you get the health forms from?

The forms should be delivered by post after you have received your offer. If they still haven't arrived, I would recommend emailing their admissions Department.

If anyone is concerned about the Vaccinations, here are the responses I got from my amateur sleuthing :wink:

Reply 1784
Original post by LTAJizzes
whoops soz. like the hepb and bcg sections

see post above
Original post by AWood135
The forms should be delivered by post after you have received your offer. If they still haven't arrived, I would recommend emailing their admissions Department.

If anyone is concerned about the Vaccinations, here are the responses I got from my amateur sleuthing :wink:

Thanks for confirming it with us! :redface:
Has anyone done aqa biology unit 6x yet? I've done the chemistry 6x
What accommodation are you guys going for? Like which ones do med people usually go for?
Original post by Rosie8130
What accommodation are you guys going for? Like which ones do med people usually go for?

I went for places on the Vale as there the only place that do meal plan. But I know a lot of medics go Pritchards park as its only 5 mins from the med school
Original post by lauraedgar
I went for places on the Vale as there the only place that do meal plan. But I know a lot of medics go Pritchards park as its only 5 mins from the med school

Yh I went for vale as well because its central to the uni and the walks not too bad to the med school.. might change my accomodation choices
Original post by Rosie8130
Yh I went for vale as well because its central to the uni and the walks not too bad to the med school.. might change my accomodation choices

Obviously completely your choice but don't be persuaded by where other medics might be going. You'll be spending plenty of time with other medical students during teaching time and societies etc, so I think it will be nice to live with people doing other courses. There'll still be plenty of medics on the Vale anyway and like you say the distance from the med school isn't too far either.
How long after firming did it take for the DBS pack to come through? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does the DBS pack only come through after you've firmed Birmingham? I've put it as my insurance and I haven't received it.
Original post by Northern Downpour
Does the DBS pack only come through after you've firmed Birmingham? I've put it as my insurance and I haven't received it.

Yes, I believe that's correct. Your letter of admission should say that that the DBS package and further instructions will come only after you've made Bham your firm choice.
I got 9A*s and 1A. But im did just english (4700) combined english lang+english lit. And I got A*/A*/A*/A in As levels plus A*/A*/A* IN Alevels.do u think i have a chance to do medicine in birmingham?
Reply 1795
Original post by basicallydua
I got 9A*s and 1A. But im did just english (4700) combined english lang+english lit. And I got A*/A*/A*/A in As levels plus A*/A*/A* IN Alevels.do u think i have a chance to do medicine in birmingham?

There is no such thing as an A* at AS Level.
Original post by RR97
There is no such thing as an A* at AS Level.

i mean A
Original post by Jatyization
You definitley stand a chance but do bare in mind that Birmingham will be using the UKCAT when you come to apply, so that will also be a determining factor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So single english GCSE wont ruin my chances?
So I just got an offer from Birmingham today, even though I was rejected in January.
Anyone else in same position?
Original post by stuckupduck
So I just got an offer from Birmingham today, even though I was rejected in January.
Anyone else in same position?

I just got an offer too...rejected in March!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending