The Student Room Group

Is it embarrassing that so many jihadists are British?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lady Comstock
Not only are they apparently the most bloodthirsty, and also prominent (see "Jihadi John"), there are also so many more in ISIS compared to countries such as the US (just 100 Americans at recent estimates).

Is this not hugely embarrassing and a damning indictment on Britain? Does it not show that we have failed to properly contain domestic extremism? I mean, not only are there a disproportionate number of British jihadists in ISIS, they are also some of the most brutal and extreme.

How are they from this country? When I look at them they look like and talk like someone from the Middle East or South Asia. What made you think they were British. They didn't look one bit English, Scottish, Welsh and northern Irish. Sorry but your post confuses me.
Original post by HeritageofEurope
i have seen many of your posts defending the return of british isis fighters. you are an apologist for evil and should be ashamed of yourself

Please could you link me to my post on that - I do not remember having said that.
If you see my posts on this thread, I make no excuses for the evil of IS, I'm simply saying that the overwhelming majority of Muslims are NOT in the ilk of IS.
Original post by Jamerson
Please could you link me to my post on that - I do not remember having said that.
If you see my posts on this thread, I make no excuses for the evil of IS, I'm simply saying that the overwhelming majority of Muslims are NOT in the ilk of IS.

they all share the same evil ideology which is islam
Original post by HeritageofEurope
they all share the same evil ideology which is islam

So we've just backtracked now to ignore what I've said about the peaceful majority, and left it with that. Nice one!
Reply 44
Original post by Chlorophile
You make British people sound like such martyrs. I really think you need to quit your imaginary world that glorifies Britain and actually look at the real world.

The UK has plenty of saints who were martyred but they're not Muslim. Britain has given so much to the world. It's a shame you don't appreciate that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Dani California
Additionally, it's not just the British that are intolerant of TERRORISTS, wherever they may be from.

Indeed
For the love of God, tell me that was sarcasm.

Well I have 1+ so no of course i'm being deadly serious. We should be proud that our multicultural roots has sprung fearless Islamic warriors who will travel the world pursuing an Islamic order Miss Mozarella :biggrin:
Additionally, it's not just the British that are intolerant of TERRORISTS, wherever they may be from.

The English embrace terrorism more than other nation apart from spineless Scandanavians.
Reply 48
Not to worry still no problem in the Muslim community in the UK.

All religious communities create militant fighters :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Right
How are they from this country? When I look at them they look like and talk like someone from the Middle East or South Asia. What made you think they were British. They didn't look one bit English, Scottish, Welsh and northern Irish. Sorry but your post confuses me.

Because they were born here I assume? :s
The government should put tougher controls on all immigration from outside the EU. Of course if anyone suggests it they'll be branded racist, so our government thinks it's better to leave our borders open for terrorist scum to come invade and spread their ideas. then they wonder why the UK population has such a high percentage of radicalised muslims
It is embarassing.

They are British - they received their passports from the United Kingdom government! We, the people, and the government are responsible for that.

As a country, the UK should reflect on why we are overrepresented in the 'militant islamic extremist' front. What is it about the UK's brand of extremist islam that lends itself to these idiotic characters in such large numbers?

The muslim communities from which these individuals arose should also be ashamed. They have systemic problems and have either been unwilling or unsuccessful in tackling them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending