The Student Room Group

21 yr old female getting depressed due to lack of love life, what should I do?

Hi, I am a female virgin that is confused, I have only ever kissed two guys in my life. The most recent guy I really really like and would like to be something more with but I feel he is blowing hot and cold with me, he knows I like him and he has expressed the same feelings but we have let things get a little steamy a couple of times before he leaves whatsapp/ skype abruptly which leaves me feeling used and sometimes cheap. I have never had a proper boyfriend but my family dont help as they make me feel like I am odd for being 21 and still single, I look at couples and think what is wrong with me? what has she got that I don’t? .

It is really starting to get to me, I feel like such a failure in life. Also what should i do about the guy as well? as i feel i am the only one who makes effort to ask him how he is and just the friendliness.
LOL

try never been kissed or whatev at 22

"more virgin than the virgin mary"
my advice

get a hobby enjoy your youth and stop waiting for someone to come along for the sole purpose of making you happy, it's an unreal expectation and completly unfair on any future partner.
i'm 22 and never so much as held hands with a guy, count yourself lucky.
That akward moment a hetrosexual 20 somthing male has gone further and with more guys than you :cool:
Dont feel this way, maybe try and date more guys, keep your options open but don't get emotionally attached too quick as you don't know if it will work out in the long run. Just have fun with it, don't force commitment towards the guys you date also as this can be a turn off. As for the guy you are seeing you need to show him he's not a priority in your life the same way he makes you feel. It takes two to build a relationship wether its friendship or romance.
Reply 6
Original post by bubadeeboop
That akward moment a hetrosexual 20 somthing male has gone further and with more guys than you :cool:

Yeah you g..... Wait what...
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I am a female virgin that is confused, I have only ever kissed two guys in my life. The most recent guy I really really like and would like to be something more with but I feel he is blowing hot and cold with me, he knows I like him and he has expressed the same feelings but we have let things get a little steamy a couple of times before he leaves whatsapp/ skype abruptly which leaves me feeling used and sometimes cheap. I have never had a proper boyfriend but my family dont help as they make me feel like I am odd for being 21 and still single, I look at couples and think what is wrong with me? what has she got that I don’t? .

It is really starting to get to me, I feel like such a failure in life. Also what should i do about the guy as well? as i feel i am the only one who makes effort to ask him how he is and just the friendliness.

Original post by bubadeeboop
my advice

get a hobby enjoy your youth and stop waiting for someone to come along for the sole purpose of making you happy, it's an unreal expectation and completly unfair on any future partner.

^ This

Something will happen, whenever that may be. Why? Not because of some nonsense about fate or destiny, but just because that's how life works. Live, learn, grow, become confident in yourself, get to know the people around you. Proper romantic relationships evolve naturally when going about your life as best as you can, not by consciously searching for individuals who match criteria or waiting for some expected wonderful person who you mistakenly think will suddenly fix everything by merit of simply 'being' your boyfriend.

Sure, keep trying with the guy you're into if there's a chance, but don't seriously obsess over the notion that it's this which defines you or is the magical solution to all your personal worries and melancholy. When you do end up in a good relationship (because we invariably 'end up' in these, they take us by surprise usually), it won't be the fact that you're in it, the 'achievement' that you've attracted someone or the quality of the sex that makes you happy; it will be that it'll be someone that you're happy just to be with. Nothing more, or less.

Also, there's no need to identify yourself as 'female virgin'. The fact that you haven't had sex is not a reflection on you as a person or your value as an individual, but if you stick 'virgin' into descriptions of yourself, it reinforces the notion that it should be!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Booyah
Yeah you g..... Wait what...

... well gay chicken gets really boring after 5 minutes of snogging ...thats when hands start going in pants ...then that gets boring...
Reply 9
Troll off, stop defiling my thread with your nonesense.
If you are referring to moi, I assure you I have given you sound advice ..and a little story about me, because I'm nice like that.
Well thanks for the advice :smile: but stop the nonesense
Want a relationship? Go find yourself a guy, equal to your aesthetics level and flirt. Easy.

Is it not possible that he's just a little nervous and/or new to the whole thing himself? It's not uncommon, when things start suddenly heading in that direction, for people to think "Oh crap I'm not prepared for this, what do I do now..."
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

that part made me laugh, don't know why. Being a virgin isn't a bad thing and doesn't define you.

Original post by Friar Chris
^ This

Something will happen, whenever that may be. Why? Not because of some nonsense about fate or destiny, but just because that's how life works. Live, learn, grow, become confident in yourself, get to know the people around you. Proper romantic relationships evolve naturally when going about your life as best as you can, not by consciously searching for individuals who match criteria or waiting for some expected wonderful person who you mistakenly think will suddenly fix everything by merit of simply 'being' your boyfriend.

Sure, keep trying with the guy you're into if there's a chance, but don't seriously obsess over the notion that it's this which defines you or is the magical solution to all your personal worries and melancholy. When you do end up in a good relationship (because we invariably 'end up' in these, they take us by surprise usually), it won't be the fact that you're in it, the 'achievement' that you've attracted someone or the quality of the sex that makes you happy; it will be that it'll be someone that you're happy just to be with. Nothing more, or less.

Also, there's no need to identify yourself as 'female virgin'. The fact that you haven't had sex is not a reflection on you as a person or your value as an individual, but if you stick 'virgin' into descriptions of yourself, it reinforces the notion that it should be!

If I had more rep I would rep this, agree with everything said here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending