The Student Room Group

Girls be honest: do you judge a man by his testosterone, can you sense low T?

I say this because eventually I want to work towards platonic friendships with women, and eventually a relationship when happier with myself. However, I don't want this friendship to be based upon their awareness of my low testosterone and propensity to be emasculated/whipped into submission-i.e. I want them to respect me and not humiliate me for my problems down below. I am afraid that women can perhaps sense my pheromones apart from my body language

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4751501.stm

which would determine whether I am a man worthy of respect or somebody to bully-not that bullying is morally or ethically justified but such is Social Darwinism. Low T may completely eradicate me from the dating scene and place me in a string of friendships where I am used as a human lapdog obliviously.

N.B. I have low T despite exercise including weight training and cardio, and a very healthy diet, mostly due to sleep problems and ongoing anxiety it seems-working on both sleep and anxiety. This was diagnosed by my GP a few months ago-at least I believe that it is low for a 21 year old man, and resembles closer to that of a 40 year old (around 8/18)

Nonetheless I am nervous about forming friendships again with my new awareness of social dynamics-hence my recent article on RedPill logic. Nervous about making new male friends as well, but to a lesser degree.

Or it's possible I actually have OCD about this, and I'm not being flippant of people with OCD such is the extent that these thoughts keep recurring
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No :lolwut:
Reply 2
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

With all due respect Tyrion you are more progressive than the general population and therefore may give an unrepresentative view of this, although your input is reassuring :smile:
Original post by Riku
With all due respect Tyrion you are more progressive than the general population and therefore may give an unrepresentative view of this, although your input is reassuring :smile:

True :tongue:

Honestly though there are plenty of people like me. And I doubt many other girls would care either!
They do; they can smell my balls :rolleyes:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

:ditto:
I only consider men with a level of 1080 ng/dL.

seriously though, I doubt many women are too bothered, and I'm certainly not :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Somewhat true.
Reply 8
Original post by EntErprEnURr
Somewhat true.

your experience?
Reply 9
Original post by Changing Skies
I only consider men with a level of 1080 ng/dL.

seriously though, I doubt many women are too bothered, and I'm certainly not :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your feedback Changing Skies. I think I am definitely getting poisoned by RedPill logic now :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Origami Bullets
:ditto:

Thanks Origami :smile:

Has this ever been a problem with e.g. a boyfriend? (You don't need to go into details). Or ever been the subject of discussion among friends if a guy friend has this problem? God I don't know how to say this without sounding bitchy
Troll. Who even knows their testosterone level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
:no:
Riku, stop eating granola. K.

Seriously, chill. No one cares. Your testosterone levels don't matter. Just be a good person and have some kind of personality and you'll be a ok.

Spoiler

Reply 14
Original post by yabbayabba
Troll. Who even knows their testosterone level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

do i even have to explain. I'm not a troll I'm just being inappropriately open about my personal life
Reply 15
Original post by ILovePancakes
Riku, stop eating granola. K.

Seriously, chill. No one cares. Your testosterone levels don't matter. Just be a good person and have some kind of personality and you'll be a ok.

Spoiler

Pancakes it's a difficult thing to understand until you've experienced it…can you imagine trying to flirt with a guy right in the middle of PMS? It's like that. Sorry to generalise, best analogy I can figure out
Original post by Riku
x

Riku what was your testosterone level? You can PM me if you don't want to reveal it to the masses.

If you're depressed and suffer from anxiety that will depress your testosterone level and is probably the reason why you're not on H
TRT.
Women can tell your testosterone levels about as accurately as men can tell when women are ovulating; i.e. every so often, people get excited about some results in a study. It has no perceptible effect in real-life social interactions.

1) If you're going to take that article as gospel, note that it says these men with high testosterone levels are seen as good for short-term relationships.

2) Forty-year-old men are often very successful with relationships.
Original post by Riku
do i even have to explain. I'm not a troll I'm just being inappropriately open about my personal life

You realise that the average man has no idea what his testosterone level is, so how on earth is anybody else going to tell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by yabbayabba
You realise that the average man has no idea what his testosterone level is, so how on earth is anybody else going to tell?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know. I only found out because I needed some bloods.

Look Lavender's right, I'm 'weird', I probably fall somewhere on the autistic spectrum to be frank. These kinds of thoughts pop in my head, they start as a curiosity, become an insecurity and then become massive obsessions. However this particular topic is too integral to my life potential to just be blown over.

Quick Reply

Latest