The Student Room Group

What makes a man no longer love his girlfriend?

My bf used to love and care me a lot, but he's been more and more distant, and doesn't want to spend much time with me any longer. He said I'm the best girl he's ever met, but the love for me just changed, it's less enthusiastic. Actually I found out he's been on dates with another, he said there's nothing between them though, just he feels like spending time with more people (they are all girls though).

I'm really upset, he used to want me so much, and said I was the only girl in his heart, but why things just changed?
Reply 1
Did you have any fights recently?
Reply 2
Being in a happy healthy relationship doesn't just "happen".
It takes work and commitment from both sides on a daily basis.
Reply 3
When he starts thinking with his tiny head... and I'm not talking about the one on his shoulders.
Why would he date other people? Maybe he has reached that boredom stage of a relationship and you don't want that to happen. Try to change things around, go somewhere new, have a laugh together, remind him of the reason why he fell for you in the first place. If nothing works then just ask him the reason why?
Maybe you got fat?
Have you put on weight?
Have you become needy/obsessive/jelly?
Have you stopped putting out?

If they answer to all these is no, then it's probably him...
Reply 7
Yes yes I don't see why a woman has to entertain her man every time he gets bored... do that OP but expect nothing in return.

Most men are like that - don't expect much from them - once they get you and keep you for a while, they suddenly become bored and the sparks vanish. They then start searching for excitement which means lusting over other women (i.e. what they don't have). As anything what you don't have seems more interesting.
You've got to understand that people (men and women) all say a lot of things, but do another. It's pretty clear that things aren't going so well between you, and the fact he's been 'spending time' with other people in date-like scenarios is somewhat worrying.

Obviously, we don't know the nitty-gritty of your relationship, but something's amiss. If you haven't been directly responsible for any hardships in the relationship and neither has he, then maybe the passion is just lost and he's become bored. Lots of people just aren't compatible in the long term, and maybe that's the case here.

I would probably advise you to just talk to him about it, like most things in a relationship that you'd be worried about.
Original post by Meduza
Yes yes I don't see why a woman has to entertain her man every time he gets bored... do that OP but expect nothing in return.

Most men are like that - don't expect much from them - once they get you and keep you for a while, they suddenly become bored and the sparks vanish. They then start searching for excitement which means lusting over other women (i.e. what they don't have). As anything what you don't have seems more interesting.

Who hurt you bby? :love:
What makes a girl no longer love her boyfriend? You grow apart, you mature, your idea of what you want from your relationship changes. Your life circumstances might change. It could be a million things, but ultimately it comes down to change.

If it was me in your position I'd leave him because seeing other girls like that is absolutely not okay.
Original post by Anonymous
My bf used to love and care me a lot, but he's been more and more distant, and doesn't want to spend much time with me any longer. He said I'm the best girl he's ever met, but the love for me just changed, it's less enthusiastic. Actually I found out he's been on dates with another, he said there's nothing between them though, just he feels like spending time with more people (they are all girls though).

I'm really upset, he used to want me so much, and said I was the only girl in his heart, but why things just changed?

It depends on what you had initially but losing that passion is inevitable after a long time

if it was just attraction and lust then naturally it fades over time and there is not much you can do about it.

however if it was love for your personality then again you will pass the "honey moon stage" but the true test is the effort you guys put in now. If you guys truly feel dedicated to one another, BOTH of you will try to make it work.

There is a massive need for communication between you guys right now! Go and talk to him.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Vixen47
What makes a girl no longer love her boyfriend? You grow apart, you mature, your idea of what you want from your relationship changes. Your life circumstances might change. It could be a million things, but ultimately it comes down to change.

If it was me in your position I'd leave him because seeing other girls like that is absolutely not okay.

this seems like the best answer so far.
Original post by Anonymous

I've never had that experience...I mean ive either really liked the girl and she ended it by cheating or breaking up or I didnt like them enough to ask them out

with exes though..ive gotten over my first..Ive realised that although shes perfect on paper..her personality is hard to deal with it and shes not such a perfect gurl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending